CHAPTER 34

THUNDER ON A HOT SUMMER DAY REMINDS ME THAT CHANGE HAPPENS WHEN WE LEAST EXPECT IT
*****

EVA

Checking myself in the mirror once more and adjusting the ring on my ring finger, I walk out of the huge closet and then out of the room after grabbing my phone. Not wanting to wear a dress, I decided to go with a simple black top and a black high-waist skinny jeans finishing it with a brown knee-length double breasted coat.

I run my fingers through my hair before switching on my phone. The sound of my phone ringing woke me up today, making me groan but the moment I saw the caller ID, a smile broke on my face. It was-the person I miss a lot-my best friend. We literally talked for about an hour but-then Vincent knocked on the door, informing me that Daniel asked me to get ready.

I am a little nervous to meet him. How can I not be-after what happened last night? I know I can't keep on blaming him and the alcohol all the time. Luckily he was not there when I woke up because I know I wouldn't be able to talk without stuttering.

I pass the hallway and then climb down the stairs. My eyes land on my handsome fiancé, who is talking to Vincent-more like firing him. I let myself stare at him, his strong, perfect body and the events of last night played in my mind.

It was really an eventful night!

I avoid his gaze as I walk into the kitchen for a glass of water. Vincent follows me inside, going towards the coffee machine. "Ms Wilson would you like to have coffee?"

I turn towards him, pouring a glass of water. "Sure, thank you"

Daniel walks in, fixing his tie. Coming close to me, he grabs the glass in my hand and keeps it aside on the counter. I look up at him as he pulls me close by my waist.

His voice hoarse as he speaks, "Good morning"

"Good morning" I raise my eyebrow at him. "And you can have your room back. I'll shift to another."

His eyes snap towards Vincent who immediately looks down, fumbling with the coffee machine, not wanting to meet his boss's stern look. I notice him gulp. Did he do anything?

I turn back to Daniel and continue, "Where are we going?"

He gives Vincent's head a last glare before letting go of me and walks out of the kitchen.

"Out"

I roll my eyes, following him. "That I know, but where?"

"To spend the day your way."

~~~~~

I am not sure if I should let my guard down or not because Daniel has been nice since we left Seattle. He neither talked rudely with me nor treated me like he did before. He did answer sarcastically now and then but I have realised that's his nature.

He took me out for breakfast in a café I chose without an argument. For the next few hours we spent time with each other, visiting different tourist spots as he knew a lot about the city.

My excitement was at the peak when he took me to a few museums. I have always liked going to such places and to get to know ancient things about my country or its culture. Then we had a late lunch in a fine restaurant-which I came to know was his. He didn't talk much but was respectful enough to answer my questions.

The change in his behavior has got me thinking if things are going to be better, if he has realised his mistake and if I won't have to be unhappy about this marriage anymore. Maybe there is hope for that. It seems that we are starting to warm up to each other, sharing things, spending time, going out together-like a couple. This time, not for the public-I am afraid it is raising my hopes.