CHAPTER 22

Some things are better left unsaid.
Which i generally realise right after I have said them.😌

*****

EVA

After my little break I returned back to my desk and continued working. I have to admit talking to Ryan was refreshing. I literally forgot what a mess my life is as he made me laugh. He asked me what I love to do and how I spend my days. 

He told me about his mother and sister, his strong bond with them and that his mother is now recovering from the shock of his father’s death. I noticed the tears in his eyes as he reminisced about their life before his death, but he controlled them.

I like how he has taken the responsibility of his family and is trying to move on. Losing your dear one suddenly, affects a lot and I don’t want to imagine the pain he went through.

I tried to change the topic and told him about my childhood days, how I used to spend my time back home and my relation with Emily. 

“Yes he is my childhood friend, we used to go to the same school and a few months back I found out that he likes my sister when I saw her photo in his phone.” He chuckled as he told me the relation between his friend and his sister.

“Wow, does she know about it?” I sipped on the coffee.

“Not yet but I am sure she feels the same” he smiled, and his expression told me how he is happy for them.

Ryan is a friendly and charming man. He has a ‘magic’ effect that makes people like him and is capable of making them smile. The important thing that I observed about him was that he becomes emotional. Most men hide their emotions.

This is obviously because he lives with two women. I am sure every girl would want someone like him in their life. He has the good looks and also a sweet caring heart.

When we decided to head back to work, he asked me if I would like to go on a dinner date with him. That was expected, I knew this from the start when he asked Emily. There is no way I can go out with him. I am going to get married to Daniel and even if it is a forced marriage I should stay loyal.

I told him that I would love to go on a friendly diner with him and not a date. The reason why I decided to go for coffee with him was because I wanted to make it clear to him that nothing will happen. I don’t want to give him any hints and lead him on. But I would like to be only friends with him.

I decided to tell him about my engagement when we meet for the dinner this weekend. I realized that he doesn’t listen to gossips and that is why he is not aware of it.

I tapped my foot as I waited for the papers to print. I completed making the files of the new project just a minute before. 

My boss had left 4 hours ago and he might come anytime now. After checking the papers, I collected all of them and headed towards his office. 

I entered the office and walked towards the desk. Keeping the files on their place, I arranged the stuff on his desk. I put the unwanted papers in the recycle machine and cleaned the stationery box. 

After putting his laptop to charge, I turned behind and bumped into someone. I recognised the person with his smell and cologne. Why is he here?