CHAPTER 25

IF I EVER ASK, "DO YOU WANT ME TO BE HONEST?"

SAY NO.

*****

EVA

I took a few deep breaths before I bent down and picked up the huge box. Walking carefully, one step at a time, I headed out of Emily’s room and towards the bookshelf. I lifted the box up and placed it on the table beside it.

Emily came out of the kitchen with two very hot coffee mugs in her hand. She leaned down and kept them on the tea table to cool down. 

She was making us coffee as I cleaned my room. Taking the opportunity to arrange the book shelf, I collected our photo albums from both our rooms and put them into a large cardboard box.

We decided to arrange the albums in the bottom row of the bookshelf, which is of six big rows. The top three rows contain all our adult romance collection while the next two have other types of books; informative, educational etc.

Emily joined me as I picked the books one by one and arranged them in the bookshelf. We ended up going through the albums and smiling with tears in our eyes as we reminisce about our good memories with our families.

When we were done, I put the box away and washed my hands. Emily went to heat the coffees again as we totally forgot about them.

I sat beside Emily who was already seated on the sofa, after picking up my mug. We spent our afternoon watching Netflix and chilling. I have no idea when we ended up, sleeping on the couch with the TV still on.

I woke up due to the sound of my phone ringing and smiled when I saw the caller ID. I answer the phone.

“Hey Eva” 

“Hello” I greet him back.

“Actually I just wanted to confirm if you are still coming” his voice sounded nervous, does he think I will cancel the plan.

“Of course Ryan I am” I say as I get up, stretching myself. 

“Great, I will pick you up at 8”

“Thank you, but don’t worry, I’ll come there myself” Picking up our mugs, I walk into the kitchen and put them in the sink.

“Hey let me do that for you” he insists, so politely that I felt bad to refuse his again.

“Okay then I’ll be ready by 8” I end the call after he replies.

Letting Emily sleep for some more time, I headed towards my bathroom for a quick shower. Removing my clothes, I turned the faucet on and stood under the shower.

I had told Daniel that I won’t go. But that was only because he won’t listen to me. It’s not like I am doing on a date or something, I just want to clear some things between us. 

Daniel again forced me into agreeing with him, but it is not always okay. I had already decided and told Ryan that I am coming, and I was not going to cancel it because of my fiancé’s possessive nature.

A person should have the right to make friends. After learning the truth, if Ryan wants to stay away from me then it’s his decision. But if he decides to be friends then Daniel should be okay with it. If we are going to get married, he must know that I will stay loyal.