CHAPTER 16

(^^ Max)

EVA

Luckily Daniel left before I woke up. I didn’t have to energy to face him after what happened last night. He can go back to normal immediately but I can’t. It’s not that simple. 

When I told Emily that my door was locked, she informed me that she used her spare keys to give him back his clothes and that my dad’s clothes were in the laundry. 

Deciding not to think about it a lot and to go back to work, I started getting ready. There was no use of working from home when the person you were hiding from has already barged into your life. I messaged my boss that I’ll be joining back. 

Emily hugged me and danced when I told her. She was happy that now she didn’t have to go to the office alone. There are things we get used to and it does affect us when they suddenly have to change. When I took the decision of not going to work, it was difficult for the both of us. 

Emily made coffee for us as she had already taken shower and I went to get ready. 

There is one question in my mind and it is bugging me. Is Aaron with Daniel in all this? Does he know?

I hope not.

I plan not to ask him directly, I don’t want him to think anything wrong, the person doing all this will answer me.

I was in my closet when my phone pinged. Putting a formal pair of pants and a button down shirt on, I comb my hair. When the usual make-up is done I pick up my shoes and check my phone. It is my mom. I sit on my bed and open her text.

Mom: Good morning sweetheart!

I sigh as I prepare myself for the talk. 

Me: Good morning mom, how are you and dad?

Mom: We are great since you told us about your marriage. How is Daniel? We are so excited to meet him.

Yes and he probably is planning to kill you.

Me: He is fine mom. I miss you.

Mom: I miss you too honey. We will come soon. Have you met his parents yet?  Here we go…..

Me: No

Mom: Okay once we come there, we will arrange a meeting. Don’t worry.

I roll my eyes and wear the shoes one by one, tying the lace as I wait.

Mom: How is Emily?

Me: She is great. We both miss you all a lot. Mom I am late for work. I have to go. I’ll call you later. 

Sorry for lying mom but I don’t have an option.

Mom: Take care you both. Send our love to Daniel.

Ugh!

~~~~~

“Welcome back Eva, I missed you so much” Aaron hugged me patting my back.  

“I missed you too Mr. Walker” I winked at him.

He groaned,” Of course the real Eva Wilson is back”, I laughed and turned around as the door opened and Emily came in. Waving at me she went straight to hug Aaron and my eyes widen.

“Wait what?” Aaron hugged her back and gave a light peck on her check. “Wow I feel like I missed a lot of things”

Aaron laughed his smile constant, “We are just getting to know each other”