CHAPTER 28

Absolutely no one can screw you over quite as well as members of your own family.

*****

DANIEL

'BEING THE OWNER OF KNIGHT INDUSTRIES AND ERICARD&CO, DANIEL KNIGHT IS THE RICHEST MAN IN THE WORLD. SOURCES CLAIM HE WILL MARRY HIS BEAUTIFUL FIANCE EVA WILSON NEXT MONTH. Let's talk on what we know about her.'

I turn off the TV and make my way into the closet to choose a tie. It doesn't surprise me that my name is almost everywhere.

Over the period of time, my company has overtaken hundreds of brands and industries. My grandfather, Eric Vincent Knight, founded Ericard&CO when he stepped into the business world. The title is a combination of his name and the place he was born, Ledyard, Western New York.

My father became the CEO after he died. I started my own company at twenty-one, as Knight Industries. I worked hard to expand it and reach new heights. I wanted to be capable enough to earn the family business so I took a lot of efforts to achieve success.

After six years when my father decided to retire, both the companies were merged to form one under the name Knight Industries.

Some people think I achieved such success only because of my family; however I achieved success through my company and later took over the family business.

But it doesn't mean I am happy. I feel proud of myself but never content. Happiness is something I rarely feel.

I finish adjusting my tie and walk out into the balcony connected to my bedroom.

Now there will be another identity attached to my name. Eva Wilson. I am not sure what I feel about it. Honestly I don't want to feel. I know she must be having a bad time adjusting to my life but it doesn't matter to me.

Today she will come here again. I will not admit to her but I really want her to stay with me. She will meet my parents and they will ask her about marriage. I am not interested in all this but there is one thing I have to do tonight.

I admire the view for a few minutes. The city looks outstanding from my balcony and I just can't get over it. I have my corporate in New York and all over the world but I wanted to have the main capital here in Seattle. This way I can at least stay close to my family if not with them.

I turn around and walk back into the room. Putting on my Diamond platted Rolex watch; I pick up my phone from the side table and scroll through the contact list.

When I find the name I dial the number and place the phone down after putting it on speaker. I check myself into the floor length mirror.

The moment the call connects, I speak, "Get it ready by evening. It has to be the way I want"

The person on the other side stutters his replies and I hung up the call.

Walking out of the room, I hear some voices as I head downstairs. I stop in my track and a groan leaves my mouth when I see people wandering in my living room.

I watch as my mother orders around the maids to adjust things according to her instructions. My gaze moves to my father sitting on the couch, reading newspaper.

I hear someone chuckle and turn to my right to see the two most annoying people in this universe, chatting and giggling with each other.

Bentley grins as he mutters something in Benjamin's ear and they both end up laughing their asses off. I am hundred percent sure there idiots are gossiping about me.