CHAPTER 14

A reminder for you all,
this book is 'Dark'.

EVA

"You still think you can run away by doing this" he smiled evilly, "You can turn hundreds of them into pieces but there still will be one. You don't have a choice Eva. So instead of making a scene sit over there and read the contract" his eyes were cold.

The person standing in front of me looked so different than the one I thought he is. He is crueler. This man is ruthless and doesn't have a heart. I wanted to run away as far as possible and never see him again.

I told myself not to lose my sane. My anger already made me make a mess on the floor, all the expensive things. I hope he doesn't ask me to recompense for them. My eyes roam over the things and then move to the pieces of the documents I tore.

"How can you be so cruel? I have my own dreams to live."

"You can live your dreams by being my wife."

"Why do you want to marry me when you hate me so much?" A solemn tear fell down my cheek: my body looked calm compared to how tangled my mind was.

"Because you are mine to ruin" I snatched my hand from his grip. Taking a deep breath, I nodded my head.

Nothing, not even a single thing will go in his head right now. I have to stop crying and be strong.

Why will happen if I marry him? My parents believe that we are in love. I mean like seriously. Love? They have already accepted him as their son-in-law.

Now as I think I have started to realise how he made this happen.

"So this was all a set up from the start. You were the one to bring out those photos in public" I accused him.

"You are making it easy for me. How nice I don't have to repeat all these things" he grinned.

He has me trapped just like the night he came to my apartment, now without even touching me. The news that we are engaged is all over the world and I cannot run from it even if I tried to. On top of that even my parents are happy about the marriage and they are planning to visit us.

I don't have an idea what his parents know, but I am sure they are unaware of what their son is up to.

"You have to be my wife for 1 year. After that we will file a divorce. This way my image will remain clear and you will be able to enjoy the perks of being Mrs. Knight"

A year would be enough for him to ruin me.

"Mr. Knight I have my own future and I am not going to jeopardize it by becoming your wife" I stand strong for myself.

"Even if I make you homeless by buying your apartment complex" his eyes challenged.

"Yes"

"Even if I spoil your character in public by telling people how you sleep to get higher positions" I hate him.

"Yes" I say as my eyes water again.

"Your lovely friend" I step away from him. "Don't bring her into this" he still continued, ''You don't want her getting kidnapped for something she didn't even do. Do you?"

"Please stop"

"And your parents?"

"NO" I glare at him.

"What if their lives are in danger?" A lot of accidents are happening nowadays" he smirked

My hate for him increased as I came to know how tainted his heart is.