CHAPTER 11

The Devil whispered to me,
" I'm coming for you."
I whispered back,
" Bring pizza."

*****

EVA

The bell is still ringing and I am standing inside looking at the closed door unable to process anything.

"Who is it Eva?" Emily's voice cut through my thoughts and I looked back at her then again at the door.

"Open the door Eva, I am freezing out here" the voice made Emily stand up and her eyes widen.

Come on, Eva move.

I took a deep breath before turning the knob and opened the door.

Mr. Knight was standing there, with a frown on his forehead, as he struggled to stand straight.

Wow he is drunk. Why is he here at 1am in a drunken state?

Emily was standing near the counter as she tried to take in what her eyes are seeing.

Mr. Knight looks up at me and a smile broke on his face. His smile is so beautiful. Stop.

As he moved to walk inside-without us inviting him-he stumbled on his feet and felt directly on top of me.

I was about to fall with him on my body but Emily came to my rescue. She held him against the wall before closing the door with her leg.

Throwing him out of the house would have been cruel and the state he is in, I doubt he will reach his house safely.

"How did he come here?" Emily exclaims trying to keep him upright.

No one had the answer. Doesn't he have a driver?

We pull him towards the couch and helped him sit down. He was quiet for a moment but suddenly he grabbed my hand and pulled me on top of him. Even when he was drunk his hold was very tight and I couldn't move.

I tried to get up from his lap but his arms wrapped around my body caging me. My back was pressed against his chest and I could smell mint and alcohol from his body. He kept his head on the croak of my neck mumbling something.

Defeated I looked up at Emily for help but she was already sleeping leaning against the bookshelf.

"Emily" she looks at me before rolling her eyes. "You handle him. I am not ruining my sleep for this bastard" she said walking away inside her room, leaving me on Mr. Knight's lap.

She's such a great friend.

After two minutes when there was no movement, I thought he had fallen asleep so I moved his hands and got out of his grasp.

Placing his legs on the couch and adjusting him so that he can sleep I turned around and was about to go to my room when he pulled my hand so hard that I yelped and fell on top of him. In just a sec he moved so fast that I was under him on the couch with his whole body on me.

Fuck.

I could feel every inch of his body and that made my heart race. We were alone in the living room straddling each other. I couldn't process anything as I felt his breath fanning my face. His lips were inches apart from mine and both his hands were holding his weight so he doesn't strangle me.

I tried to get up but he groaned, "Don't fucking move". As if I will listen. Again I moved my hands to help myself but he pinned them above my head with his left hand. His right hand held my waist as he lowered his head near my ear and said in a low voice, "Stay still...I hate to repeat"