Prologue

-

Izuku Midoriya. A sad boy really. At least Kira thinks so. Bullied every day, looks kinda lanky and always a stuttering mess. He can't catch a break. I mean, of course not, he's quirkless after all. And those people tend to be an easy target to people who want to make themselves feel better. One of those people is Katsuki Bakugou. Kira can't even begin to explain how annoying the explosive blonde is. His vocabulary seems to only exist of vulgar words and he can't speak in a normal tone. Way too loud, obviously has a superiority complex and wants everyone to know he's 'the best'.

'Pfft, how pathetic', Kira thinks. Sure, Bakugou annoys the hell out of her but that doesn't mean she's gonna get in his way. She's not scared, she's sure she'd kick his ass if she wanted to, but she doesn't want to cause anybody else any more trouble. That's just the kind of person she is.

She'll involve herself when she needs to.

Kira isn't necessarily an antisocial person. She just likes to observe and help out in subtle ways. She wants so be a hero after all. So that's why she took it upon herself to try and look out for a certain green-haired boy. She felt bad about Midoriya getting bullied all the time, but still she felt like it wasn't any of her business to pry. So instead of jumping in and protecting the freckled boy out of nowhere, she takes care of him in other ways. At least that's what she likes to think.

When Midoriya's lunch gets taken or blown up, Kira just so happens to leave her lunchbox on his table when he's not looking. Or when he feels down, she'll write a little note to cheer him up. One time she stuck her foot out from under her desk to make Bakugou trip and fall on his face after he had another rage fit towards the smaller boy. Midoriya obviously doesn't know that Kira is the one looking after him like this, but still. The small acts of kindness warm his heart everytime.

Midoriya does know who Kira is though. She's the girl who sends him smiles in the hallways and glares at Bakugou when he's picking on him. He also knows Kira's quirk is rather strong. And that's how he knew she was going to try and get into UA high, a school where kids can go to train their quirks to become pro heroes in the future. And the conversation that pops up in class only confirms his suspicions about the girl.

"Hmm, I see. There's only a few of you who applied for UA. Ah, Bakugou and Yamari, that's no surprise." Kira sighed as the teacher and the other students started praising Bakugou for applying to UA. 'Feed his ego some more why don't you', she thought while rolling her eyes as Bakugou jumped on his desk to tell all these 'extras' how good he was. Kira hated this. She wasn't known to be someone who was annoyed quickly, since most of the students at Aldera Junior High liked and respected her. Everyone knew she was talented, and she did too. But at least she wasn't as obvious about it as explosion boy in the seat next to her.

"Sit sown Bakugou, you're gonna mess up the desk and I don't wanna listen to you gloating about how good you are all day", Kira said as she frowned, not even looking at him.

That pissed him off.

"HAH?! Who the fuck do you think you are you extra?!" He started craning his neck to look to his side, where he was met with the uninterested look on Kira's face. That pissed him off even more so he jumped off of his desk and made his way towards her, all while popping little explosions in his hand. "You talk to me like that again and I'll make sure you never utter another word again! I'll blow your face off, bitch!" he said.

Gasps and quiet murmurs were heard around the classroom, everyone talking about how there was a fight gonna break out between the two. Midoriya was watching from the back of the class, shivering a bit since Bakugou's behaviour had him worried for the girl. He was sure Bakugou would hit the girl or she would have a nasty remark ready for him, so he was very surprised when he saw Kira open her mouth and say...

"Bakugou...

...Your fly is open."

The entire class started giggling and Bakugou's eyes blew wide. He immediately looked down to check if what the girl had said was true but growled loudly when he heard Kira snicker in front of him. He slowly looked back up towards her and if looks could kill, Kira would be 6 feet under right now.

Midoriya thought the exact same thing apparently, because he lowered himself in his seat to make sure the explosive blonde wouldn't notice him snickering quietly behind his hand.

The amused face of Kira didn't really help the situation either, since it pissed Bakugou off to no end.

"YOU LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT!! MESS WITH ME LIKE THAT AGAIN AND I'LL BLOW YOUR HEAD OFF! I'LL KILL YOU!" Kira winced at the sudden loudness of his voice but never dropped her smirk. "Made you look though", she taunted. Bakugou was red from anger and practically shaking. He hadn't been embarrassed like this in forever and that thought made him want to punch that smug look off her face.

"Alright, alright that's enough. Bakugou, sit down please." Kira raised her eyebrows in a mocking way while Bakugou once again growled, sitting back in his seat with a glare directed directly at her.

She obviously didn't mind that though, because even though he didn't think she'd notice him.. she saw the little smile Midoriya wore, and that made taunting the steaming blonde beside her worth it.

-

Alrighty y'all! This is the end of the first chapter! I was aiming for it to be like some sort of introduction so I know it's kinda vague, but I want Kira's personality and relationships to develop slowly throughout the story. You'll get to know all about her later. Thanks for reading!