Back on track

-

Kira sat at the table in the common room, the space around her deserted and quiet. It was late at that moment, though Kira didn't know the exact time. She assumed it was around midnight, since her classmates were already sleeping. She didn't exactly remember how she had gotten downstairs, but shrugged it off, thinking her mind had just erased the action from her memory. She assumed she had gotten thirsty so she just went to grab some juice from the fridge, but she ended up deciding to sit down for a while, the quiet atmosphere bringing her peace. It was something she needed more than she'd admit.

She held her phone in her right hand, mindlessly scrolling through Tik Tok while her other hand fumbled with the bandage still on her wrist. Her eyebrows furrowed as she scrolled, quickly noticing that the people within the videos never showed their faces. Kira thought it was weird, so she just shut off her phone and shoved it back in her pocket. Suddenly, the room lost its power, all the lights going out along with the steady humming of the refrigerator and air conditioning. Kira's heart skipped a beat as she looked around and stood up in a panic, trying to see if there was anything wrong in the common room.

It was quiet, too quiet. Kira pulled out her phone again, the light illuminating her face and making her flinch from the brightness. She turned on her flashlight, pointing it towards the elevator. She obviously wouldn't be able to use it, so if she wanted to go back to her room, she'd have to use the stairs. Aizawa would've been notified if there was a problem anyways so Kira slid the chair back under the table and slowly made her way towards the stairs. She kept her eyes wide open, dark rooms still kind of freaking her out ever since her kidnapping. The memories weren't pleasant, so Kira always slept with her LED lights on.

She slowly walked up the stairs, reaching the second floor and skipping the first one since there were no rooms there, only showers. She stood still for a while, listening around. It really was quiet. The silence became deafening even, a high-pitched ringing being audible along with Kira's shaky breathing. She shone her flashlight in the wide hallway, opting to try and see if the others were okay. Aoyama's room was on this floor, and Kira knew he always had some lights on and classical music playing since he was so adamant on telling her that.

She tip-toed over to his room, looking around a bit before bringing up her free hand and knocking on the door. She waited for a few seconds, receiving no answer. Kira frowned before knocking again, thinking Aoyama probably didn't hear her. Again, there was no response, so Kira began calling out to him. "Aoyama? Hey, wake up. The lights are out and I wanna see if everything's fine", spoke Kira, but only received an incredibly loud silence in return. She didn't hear any music coming from his room either.

She huffed before looking around again, maybe someone else on this floor heard her calls and decided to come out. She shook her head before trying another door, Midoriya's. She knocked a few times and waited, once again receiving no response. "What the hell..." mumbled the girl to herself, her heartbeat starting to pick up its pace. Something was wrong. Was this actually happening? The atmosphere seemed... strange all of a sudden, like this wasn't supposed to happen. So Kira knocked again, a lot louder this time. "Izuku! Hey! Wake up!" shouted Kira. Nothing.

Kira inhaled a shaky breath in worry. Where are they? Is everyone okay? What's happening? She couldn't take it anymore, so she swiftly opened the door to Midoriya's room and shone her flashlight in it, a gasp escaping her lips. The room was completely empty, not even any furniture standing around or any of Midoriya's posters on the walls. It seemed like it had been deserted for a while yet she could clearly see the familiar colour of blood coating the floor and that's when Kira started to panic. She ran out of the room and to the one besides Midoriya's, opening the door only to be met with the same sight.