I'll be by your side

-

"HEY!! DEKU YOU BASTARD, TELL ME HOW YOU DID THAT OR YOU'RE DEAD!"

Kira could only watch in shock at what she had just witnessed while Bakugou raced his way towards Midoriya, ready to actually kill the boy. Luckily for him, Bakugou got captured in Aizawa's scarf, and that's when Kira tuned out their conversation.

'He has a quirk? When did that happen? I mean, it's possible that he lied to us all this time, but he just doesn't seem like that type of guy' Kira thought to herself, her eyebrows furrowed in concentration. She scanned Midoriya from top to bottom, her eyes landing on his now broken finger. 'Seems like his quirk is too strong for his body, smart to put all of his power in his finger instead of his entire arm.'

Midoriya however, saw the look on her face and immediately started panicking. 'Oh god, she's gonna hate me for lying now!' He began to pick at his uninjured fingers, anxiety swallowing him whole. He had to talk to her about this, he couldn't lose his only friend because of a mistake he made.

Soon after that the results of the quirk assessment test were displayed on a large screen. Kira scanned the list for her name, not having to look too long as her name was in third place. 'That Todoroki guy is second, no wonder though, he's really strong.' She kept looking down the list, sneaking a sneaky glance at Bakugou who was shaking of anger. 

He had ended one place below her. 

God, how that stupid Kira Yamari infuriated him. He knew she was strong, hell he felt it for himself twice now. But no matter how much he hated her, he still had the tiniest bit of respect for her. She's strong and confident in her abilities, and Bakugou knows she doesn't back down or hold back in a fight. It made him want to challenge her, he wanted to face her head on, because if he would beat her, it would definitely be a huge victory for him.

He would never admit that though, so he'll just keep hating her for now.

As Kira continued to scan the list, she felt a sudden wave of panic flood throughout her body. Because Midoriya had placed last. She whipped her head around and finally noticed him standing a small distance away. He had a look of horror on his face, the reality of the situation hitting him in the face as if it were Bakugou's explosions. He would be expelled.

"Oh, and I was lying before, nobody is being expelled."

...

"WHAT?!" 

Whines and shouts of protests were heard from the class. Kira figured it was just a way to motivate everyone to do their best, but she had no reason to freak out in the first place. Yet she couldn't help but feel like a huge weight was lifted off her shoulders.

Midoriya was going to stay.

-

Kira waved goodbye to Kirishima, as they had to part ways to go home. Kira liked Kirishima. He was very easy to talk to and she felt comfortable around him, she felt like they would be good friends in the future. 

On her walk home, Kira began to think about the other students in her class. 'Okay so there's that Todoroki guy, he seems pretty strong. He was so unapproachable though, he almost looked sad. Maybe I could try talking to him tomo-'

"Yamari! Wait up!"

Kira's thoughts were halted by a voice she recognised to be Midoriya's. She stopped in her tracks and looked over her shoulder, watching the boy jog over in her direction. She raised an eyebrow, wondering what he could need her for.

When he finally reached her, he took a few deep breaths, seemingly looking for the right thing to say. "I-I... can we talk..please?" he asked, looking almost afraid of her. She wondered what was bothering him until she recalled the events of earlier. 'Right he has a quirk, almost forgot.