Friends

-

The next few months passed rather quickly. Nothing really special happened and Kira was mostly training for the UA entrance exam anyways. The only thing that changed was the fact that Midoriya and Kira were much more familiar with eachother.

The fact that Kira had stood up for Midoriya and went to check if he was okay after the sludge villain incident warmed Midoriya's heart. He was thankful that Kira looked after him like this, even though she never owed him anything. 

He soon grew suspicious of her though. Remember how Kira would leave her lunchbox around or leave sweet notes for Midoriya? The freckled boy was now almost completely sure that it was indeed Kira's doing.

Since he started paying more attention to her, he noticed that every time his lunchbox got taken or destroyed, Kira would end up without any lunch too. Midoriya knew that nobody would even try to mess with the girl like this so he suspected her of giving him her lunch.

Which is why Midoriya made an unexpected visit during lunch today. 

With a shaky finger he tapped Kira's shoulder. Said girl turned around while still laughing about something her friend had said. When she realised who stood behind her, her eyes lit up. "Oh, hi Midoriya! You need something?" The boy nodded and asked her if he could talk to her about something.

"Yeah yeah ofcourse, I'll be right back guys," said Kira to her friends before standing up to go with Midoriya. He walked with quick steps, seeing as he didn't want Kira to miss out on her time with her friends. As Kira walked behind the boy she decided to take in his appearance. His green curly hair looked as soft as ever and his shoulders were hunched. He always had this posture that made him looked like a terrified child.

When Kira looked at his shoulders she noticed something else. 'Did he gain muscles?' she thought to herself. She could see that Midoriya's shoulders were wider and she also took note how his arms had noticeably gotten bigger. 'Oh sheesh, he looks fine-' she thought as she puckered her lips and slightly raised her eyebrows.

When she snapped herself out of her thoughts she finally noticed where they were. Midoriya placed himself on the soft grass beneath a pretty cherry blossom tree, looking up at her with those wide emerald eyes, as if asking her to sit down. She took her place beside the boy while leaning her back against the tree. She looked towards him and spoke.

"So, what's up?" Midoriya didn't respond as he looked at the floor while he took off his backpack. He started rummaging through it and Kira raised an eyebrow at this, suddenly curious as to what he was looking for. When he finally found his lunchbox, he stretched out his hand, offering it to her. "I-I want you to have this.." he muttered while avoiding her gaze, a pink hue dusting his cheeks. 

Kira seemed to be taken aback by this and looked at him with wide eyes. "Why would you give this to me? It's your lunch right?" Midoriya finally met her gaze and answered. "Y-yeah but you always give me yours d-don't you? I noticed how every time my lunch gets taken, y-you end up without any lunch too.. a-and someone always leaves their lunch for me. I figured that was you s-so I wanted to give you this as a thank you." 

Kira's eyes widened as she looked at the lunchbox and then back at him. Her eyes softened when she saw how nervous Midoriya looked and started rubbing the back of her neck. "Ah, yeah. You got me. I just don't like how the others treat you so I made it a habit of trying to look after you. You don't need to pay me back for that. We can just share lunch this time" she told the boy with a kind smile.

"A-are you sure?? I wouldn't wanna take up all of your time because I'm sure you'd rather be with your friends so who am I to take that away.." Kira sweat-dropped as Midoriya started mumbling while placing his finger on his chin. He quickly shut up though, seeing as Kira had shoved a riceball in his mouth.

"Calm down broccoli boy, I don't mind sitting here with you. So be quiet and eat your food." she told him with a teasing smirk, taking a rice ball for herself. 'B-broccoli boy?!' thought Midoriya as he slowly started chewing on the food.

The two of them talked and ate together for the rest of lunch. Well, mainly Midoriya for once. He asked if he could take notes about Kira's quirk and ended up fanboying about it and a bunch of other stuff. He told her about support items that could help her control her quirk while Kira listened to him with a soft smile on her face.

"Hey Midoriya, lemme ask you something" said Kira, looking up at the clouds. Midoriya gave her a side glance and hummed in response, letting her know to keep talking. She turned her head sideways, leaning her elbows on the grass and stretching her legs in front of her. "Have you been working out?"

To say Midoriya got flustered by that comment would be an understatement.

His face exploded into a red hue, his eyes went wide and he started stumbling over his words. "W-what?? I-I, well.. kinda. W-why do you ask?" Kira watched the boy in amusement as she thought to herself. 'Heh, he kinda looks like a strawberry right now.'

"No reason, I just noticed how your shoulders were wider and you arms are a bit bigger too. We should train together sometime." she said with a small smirk tugging at her lips, looking back at the clouds. Midoriya could've sworn his heart skipped a beat. 'She wants to train.. with ME?!

"Sure! That sounds fun!" he said while pumping a fist in the air. He still had to be careful tho. She couldn't find out that the reason he's training is so his body will be strong enough to handle One For All, god that would be a hassle to explain.

Kira offered to exchange their phone numbers so they could contact each other if they wanted to train. Soon after that the bell rang signalling the end of lunch, and the two new friends made their way back inside.

"It was great talking to you Midoriya, we should have lunch together more often. You're a great friend." Kira told him with a wide smile. The boy could only blush and look at the ground before answering her in a rather quite tone. "Yeah, friends."

He smiled sheepishly at the ground at that thought, happy to be considered one of Kira's friends and also happy to finally have a friend of his own.

"Hey Midoriya."

"Hmm?"

"Stop smiling like that, it looks like you're possessed or some shit."

-

Ayyyy chapter 5 is up! I have a feeling this is going way too slow so I'm gonna start with UA in the next chapter and speed it up a bit. I wanted to develop their friendship a little more before making my way to the good stuff.

Thanks for reading!