Internships pt.1

-

All of the 1A students were now gathered at the train station, ready to leave for their week-long internships. Kira was extremely excited, bouncing on the balls of her feet and glowing a soft shade of red. Because, she wasn't just asked for a random internship, no she had been requested by her female role model none other than the number 5 hero Mirko. Kira had heard that Mirko usually doesn't allow internships but apparently she had made an exception for our main character. Obviously she wasn't going to miss the only chance to work with Mirko so here she was, as excited as ever.

She watched from the corner of her eye as Midoriya said his goodbye's to Uraraka and Iida, Kira already having done the gesture. After waving them off, Midoriya turned around to face Kira with a nervous smile. "What's wrong? Aren't you excited about your internship with All Might's mentor?" asked Kira. That's right, Midoriya had received a last minute request for an internship with All Might's mentor, Gran Torino. Midoriya was really excited but with the concerned look on his face, Kira began to doubt that theory.

The boy nodded in response, forcing a small smile to try and reassure the girl, but much to his dismay, she wasn't buying it. "Is it about Iida?" Midoriya's smile fell at the mention of his friend as he casted his gaze towards the floor. Heaving a sigh, he responded to the question. "I'm just worried for him, you know? With his brother getting attacked by Stain and all that. I just hope he's okay." Kira gave the other a soft smile as she placed her hand on his shoulder in silent comfort.

"He'll be fine. Iida is a tough guy, he can do this. All you can do right now is be there for him as much as he needs." Midoriya looked up into Kira's eyes, this time a real smile appearing on his freckled face. He nodded confidently before casting his gaze above Kira's head. Kira watched his smile fall a bit which made her look back as well. Above her was a board with all the times and places for the trains to arrive and she noticed how Midoriya's would arrive in 5 minutes.

Kira looked back at the other, smiling gently at him. "Well, you should get going. Good luck on your internship, I wanna hear all about it okay?" Midoriya nodded excitedly, wishing her good luck as well. Kira expected him to turn around and walk off after that, but when she saw Midoriya quickly leaning in and pecking her cheek, she had to blink a couple of times to register what had happened. Before she could even respond, Midoriya had already started running in the opposite direction, the back of his neck having an obvious red colour. 

Kira rolled her eyes and chuckled before bringing a hand to her mouth, wanting to shout something after him. "Izuku! Call me okay?!" Said boy turned around while still running and gave her a big smile with a thumbs up, making Kira sigh in content. A tap on her shoulder made Kira turn around, only to come face to face with Tokoyami. He pointed behind him, gesturing to the train that would arrive any minute now. "Yamari, our train will arrive soon. Would you sit with me?" asked the bird-headed boy.

Kira gave him a kind smile before nodding to his request, walking next to him to their train. Tokoyami had apparently received an invitation from the pro hero Hawks who's agency was actually relatively close to Mirko's seeing as the two heroes partnered up pretty often. Once the classmates boarded the train, Tokoyami closed his eyes to get some rest before arriving to the agency. Kira however, placed her elbow on the windowsill beside her, resting her chin on her palm as she looked outside.

She wouldn't admit this, but she too was worried for Iida. She had noticed the subtle changes in his behaviour, like him being more quiet and leaving when nobody else noticed. She understood if he felt bad about his brother, I mean, it's a tragedy what happened. But when Iida announced that he'd be going on an internship in Hosu with a lower ranked hero, Kira got suspicious. The hero killer Stain who had attacked his brother had been in Hosu a few days ago, and now suddenly he wants an internship there? Kira thought the situation smelled fishy but it wasn't any of her business. She hoped he'd be okay, though, after all, he's still her friend.