Obstacle course

-

"GIVE IT UP FOR CLASS 1-A!!"

Kira inhaled sharply as she stepped out into the arena, a huge crowd surrounding her. "Holy shit..." she muttered to herself. "Tell me about it.." responded Jirou. "T-there's so m-many people..!" Kira jogged her way over to Midoriya who was obviously extremely nervous with the huge crowd. She slung an arm over his shoulder and ruffled his hair, him keeping his attention on the swarm of people. 

"Calm down Izuku. They're just people, no need to be so nervous okay? You're gonna do great." Midoriya inhaled and exhaled slowly before looking up at her and grabbing the hand on his head to hold it firmly in his own. He smiled a bright close-eyed smile at her before answering. "Yeah, thanks Kira! You always know how to cheer me up!" After that he let go of her hand and ran off to Iida. Kira just stared at his back as she momentarily stopped in her tracks. 

He's never been so straightforward before and that caught her off guard. She had a light blush on her cheeks as she had somehow managed to get flustered by her green haired friend. Her conversation with Kirishima popped back into her head.

"Do you maybe have feelings for him?"

For some reason, that question stuck with her. She doesn't think she likes Midoriya like that, so then why does she feel so giddy when he's around? She shook her head and continued her stroll as Present Mic kept announcing the other classes. 'Worry about that later, there's a festival I have to win.'

-

"Time for the player pledge!" Everyone had a blush on their cheeks as Midnight, the R-Rated pro hero, took a stand on the stage. "What is Ms. Midnight wearing..?" spoke Kirishima from Kira's left as he tried to avoid looking anywhere inappropriate. "That's an R-Rated hero for ya", answered Kaminari. "She has no right to look that good.." Kaminari and Kirishima looked to their right to see Kira flushed red, gushing over the pro hero.

"Damn, she's even got Yamari hooked!" Kaminari clenched his fist as fake tears ran down his face. "After all my attempts too.." Kirishima patted his back before turning towards the front again. 

"Now for the student representatives, here are Kira Yamari and Katsuki Bakugou from class 1-A!" 

Everyone had a terrified look on their face as Bakugou's name was called as well. "Huh?! Why does Bakugou have to go too?" asked Mineta as he feared for what was to come. "Ah, Kira was supposed to do this alone but she said she didn't want to unless someone else was with her, so they chose the one who got second place in the entrance exam. Believe it or not, Kira can get really nervous in front of crowds", answered Midoriya. He recalled the moment when Kira told him about her stage fright so he understood why she would want someone with her.

Kira nudged Bakugou to let him go first as he stood in front of the mic. "I just wanna say... I'm gonna be number one." Kira face palmed as a bunch of boo's were heard from the students and the audience. She pulled at his collar (not without getting a few insults thrown her way from the blonde) as she made her way to the mic instead, a nervous sweat on her forehead. "Uh, don't mind him. I just want to wish everyone good luck for the festival. Everyone worked really hard here and even though some of you weren't able to make it in the entrance exams, please give it your best because I will too. Thank you!" 

Flowers replaced the thunderstorms above everyone's head at Kira's speech. Kira exhaled as she went down the stairs, placing her slightly shaking hand on her chest to calm her herself. Midoriya noticed her distress and came to stand next to her. He debated his next move for a second and decided to go for a bold action. He grabbed her hand yet again and rubbed his thumb over her knuckles. "You did great." was all he said as he did everything in his power to not look her way, afraid that he would lose his sudden courage.