Cavalry Battle

Yes I will be messing with the cavalry battle rankings during this chapter for plot purposes lol. I wanna try something different for a change! Kira learned a new trick with her quirk remember? It isn't revealed what that trick is yet but that's why I wanted to alter the plot a bit. Hope you enjoy!

-

"The first game of the first-year stage is finally over! Now take a look at the results!" After the obstacle course had finished, all the students who made it gathered with Midnight again. Kira zoned out during the rankings, already knowing she was third. Nothing else really mattered, she'd fight as hard as she could anyways, no matter who she's up against.

Her bored gaze wandered through the crowd of people who were gathered around the arena. She noticed a lot of pro heroes, side kicks, fellow classmates, her father,... Wait what?!

Kira's eyes snapped back towards the familiar figure of her father. He sat towards the back, watching her carefully as if one wrong move would set off a time bomb or something. Kira tensed up as she gulped. Her hands had started shaking and of course, being the perceptive friend he is, Midoriya immediately picked up on it. He turned to look at her, only to notice her space out towards the crowd of people.

He put his hand on her shoulder, making her jump in surprise and whip her head back towards him. Midoriya recoiled as he had a worried look on his face. "Kira? You okay?" Kira looked behind her towards her father again, seeing him in the exact same place as before. She couldn't make out the look in his eyes but she wondered why the hell he was there. "My father's here."

Midoriya clenched his fists at this news and his eyes involuntarily averted to her cheek where the purple bruise was still present, covered by makeup though. He sighed in annoyance before following her gaze. It was obvious who her father was, arms crossed, dark and messy clothing, the matching black hair and cold stare. Yup, that was definitely him. Midoriya nudged his 'friend' before nodding back towards the stage with a smile. "It's okay, show him what you can do."

Kira inhaled and exhaled before returning a small smile, satisfying Midoriya. "The real test will begin! Give it your all!" yelled Midnight in the microphone. The screen started spinning again to reveal the next stage. A cavalry battle. Kira didn't really understand what the hell was supposed to happen, but Midnight quickly explained the rules.

You were supposed to form teams from two to five people, two in the front, two in the back and one at the top. The only difference here was that a point value was introduced depending on your place from the obstacle course. "The higher you scored during the race, the higher your point value will be. 42nd place gets five points, 41st will get 10 and the first one will have a point value of..."

Kira's jaw just about hit the concrete as she read the number displayed next to Midoriya's name. "TEN MILLION?!" Kira looked to her left towards her green haired friend, seeing him sweating bullets. He was everyone's target now. 'Well I'll be damned... It'd be stupid yet smart to team up with Izuku now. If you manage to hold onto those points you'll automatically win, but everyone is going after him, so it'll be a hassle to hold onto it in the first place', thought kira as she debated her next move. 'I've got it.'

"That's right! It's the survival of the fittest with a chance for those at the bottom to rise to the top!" Midoriya thought he would actually pass out from all the stares he received, even from his dear friend beside him. 'Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap', were the thoughts swimming through his mind.

"Now then, I will explain the rules for this battle! The time limit is fifteen minutes. Each team is worth the total of its members' points and the rider will wear a headband with those scores around their foreheads. Teams will try to grab each other's headbands until time runs out, and try to keep as many points as they can. Stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up! Even if your headband gets stolen, you are still allowed to continue the game! It'll be a cruel battle with twelve teams in total while using your quirks! But of course, you'll get a red card for attacks that are trying to make people fall on purpose! Now, you have fifteen minutes to build your teams!"