I love her

-

Kira tiredly rubbed the sleep out of her eyes as she yawned. She sat on the side of Midoriya's bed, waiting for him to come out of the bathroom so they could leave for the bus. Today was the day they'd be going to the training camp they've been craving for for weeks. Though Kira thought it was ridiculously early, 4:30AM to be exact. She sighed as she flopped onto her back, her phone in her right hand. She had been trying to reach her father to alert him of the training camp, but he hadn't been responding for the past 3 days and honestly, it made her mad.

Her father had been trying to make it up to her, so they agreed to call or text each other every day until Kira would decide to move back in with him. He had kept his end of the bargain, usually being the first to reach out to her, but since 3 days ago, he had stopped texting first. Kira decided that maybe something came up, so she texted first, but her messages were either left on read or delivered. If he'd really been so adamant on making things right, why would he stop responding? She had thought about going over to his place, but she'd been preparing for training camp so she hadn't found any time yet.

Kira groaned as she plopped her arm over her forehead just as Midoriya stepped out of the bathroom. He noticed Kira's frustrated demeanour and sat beside her on the bed, tapping his fingers on her leg to ask her what's wrong. She sighed as she sat up, looking at Midoriya. His hair was still a bit damp from the shower he took and he hadn't put on his tie yet, so to say he looked handsome would be an understatement. "My dad's still not responding", informed the girl as she averted her gaze to her phone.

Midoriya's brows furrowed as he sighed as well, gently prying the phone out of her hand and weaving their fingers together. Kira kept her gaze steady on their hands, trying her hardest to conceal her disappointment. Midoriya didn't reply, having the gut feeling that Kira wanted to say more, so he gave her the time to formulate her sentence. "I thought he wanted to fix things, which is why I was so happy. I thought I'd finally have a person to call my dad. But I guess I really wasn't worth it", complained Kira, her voice dying down with every word.

Midoriya however, was not too pleased with the way Kira spoke of herself. He reached up his free hand to hook a finger under her chin, forcing her to look up at him. Unshed tears were threatening to fall as she made eye contact and it made Midoriya's heart clench painfully in his chest. "You and I both know that's not true. I'm not trying to say what he's doing is right, because it isn't, but this is all very different for him too. Judging from the things you told me about yours and his history, he still has a lot of obstacles to fight through and maybe this is him taking a break to settle his mind.

I totally understand how you're feeling because, god, do you deserve nothing but the absolute best. But I'm just trying to say how this isn't your fault. It's his job as your father to mend your bond, not you, since you're not the one who broke it in the first place. If that makes any sense? Heh, I don't really know what I'm saying, do I? Listen Kira, I know you're constantly trying to hide the way you're feeling. You might fool everyone else but you're not fooling me. I know you're constantly struggling with your family, so please, stop hiding it from me."

Midoriya was quick to wipe away the stray tear that had managed to slip down, watching as Kira closed her eyes before leaning her forehead against his. She let out a long sigh before a sad chuckle escaped her. "You really can read me like an open book. I should've figured", whispered the girl, her hand starting to mess around with his fingers. Midoriya recoiled a bit, dropping his hand from her chin. "S-Sorry.. I didn't mean to-" His sentence was cut short by Kira's lips on his.

It was short, yet it contained all the thankful words Kira couldn't speak. She pulled back, smiling sweetly at him before her hand came up to pinch his cheek. Midoriya whined as he tried to pry her hand off, chuckling as it turned into a small game of who could annoy the other the most. With each of them now tugging the others' hair, they broke out into a fit of playful laughter. Kira slid her hands down to cup both of his cheeks, giving him the brightest smile she could muster. "I'm happy you're here to meddle when you don't need to", spoke the girl happily, not realising the meaning those words held for the boy.