37 - Discovered

"Now we need to get down," he says.

I look at the distance between us and the red beam

I look at the distance between us and the red beam. It's pretty far. "Are we gonna fly over to J-Hope's group or something?"

"We'd get shot in the air."

"Do we run instead?"

"They'll surround us too easily."

"So what's your plan?"

"..."

"... you didn't think this out very well, did you."

"Hey, I had about one second to make this decision!" Jungkook crosses his arms. "It's not like I could sit down for an afternoon and plan this all out -"

"- but now we're stuck here until something happens -"

"- you didn't have a better idea -"

"- we're up here useless either way -"

"GOTCHA!"

We whirl around. Three Fighters have sneaked up on us, blocking our way back.

These ones don't look drunk.

Jungkook stands in front of me again without hesitation. Now behind us in all its glory is a really really steep slope downwards into the Fighters' camp.

"I don't see how this can end well," I say quietly so only Jungkook can hear.

"We'll figure something out," he breathes.

The middle Fighter steps up suddenly. Jungkook steps back which forces me to do the same. I look behind me and the amount of space we've got left is much less than I'm comfortable with.

Please don't back up anymore.

"What're you two doing here by yourselves?" the middle Fighter asks.

"Talking with you," I reply.

He sneers and sends bricks of earth at us without warning. Jungkook blows them off course in time so we don't get hit.

Then the other two join.

These guys don't talk nearly as much as Drunk Fighter did, probably because they don't need the distraction. Jungkook and I form a shield to block the onslaught of dirt and rocks but I know it won't last us very long - I can feel my energy dissipating away with each hit.

Middle Fighter stops to take a huge chunk out of the land next to him. It's got snow still on top and tree roots sticking out of it and everything.

"I don't think it's worth using so much energy to block that," I tell Jungkook.

"But we can't just dissolve the shield."

Again I glance at the slope behind us, then back at the Fighters.