13 - Land Ho!

But now, a new question refuses to leave my mind.

Who was that?

J-Hope slows down the truck and turns right, entering a forest

J-Hope slows down the truck and turns right, entering a forest. The wide, empty road changes to an unpaved and rocky one. We barely scrape by the large and dense trees on each side.

Neither of us talks for a few minutes to think about what happened.

We must be miles away from school at this point.

"Who was that guy?" I finally ask.

"Earth elementalists," J-Hope replies. "They're the guards from your school -"

"No not those people," I shake my head, smiling. "The ice guy. The person that made all that cool mist."

"Ohhh," J-Hope nods his head in understanding. "That's Suga, one of mine and Jungkook's friends. I have no idea where he came from to be honest. I thought he'd be sleeping."

Sleeping? "Does he sleep a lot?"

"Lots. And if you find him sleeping, don't wake him up or he'll cuss you out and get really angry."

"Surely it's not that bad."

"Oh it's bad," J-Hope insists. "You won't know how strong the fury is till you experience it firsthand. And then if he's sleep-deprived... that's a whole other level of fury."

He says it so dramatically that I find it amusing instead of frightening.

"Mark my words, Y/n," J-Hope warns in the same dramatic voice. Then he continues normally: "And while we're at it, I might as well tell you about the others. You know me, Jungkook, and Suga. I control light, Jungkook controls the wind, and Suga controls water. He's absolutely fascinated with ice though."

J-Hope makes a left turn.

"Then we have Namjoon with his lightning. His skills are impressive and all, but it's scary sometimes. One time he accidentally set the treehouse on fire. We had to wake Suga up in the middle of his nap and convince him to use water instead of ice for once... that was a mess. But Namjoon's got the most knowledge of battle strategies and formations, so he's our leader."

I pause. A leader?

My mind goes back to the history books from school.

There are usually three positions in a group: the Commander, a position reserved for the person with the most power and respect; the Guards, who support the Commander and are considered second rank; and the Fighters, who play offense and are considered third rank.

Fighters have the most important job, and yet they're the least respected.

"So... Namjoon is like a Commander?"

J-Hope seems a little surprised at the question. "Uhh, I guess you could think about it that way. But he's not as harsh as a Commander usually is, so we like to call him our leader instead."