21 - "A Trip on Thin Air"

"Just one more thing before we start!" Namjoon rubs his hands in excitement

"Just one more thing before we start!" Namjoon rubs his hands in excitement. "It'll be a little loud Y/n, so brace yourself."

"Okay..."

Jungkook scoffs. "It's not loud at all. Don't worry, you'll love it."

I look between the two of them awkwardly.

"Huh?"

Namjoon shrugs. "Nevermind, you'll get used to it anyway. I'll get it out."

He disappears behind an unusually tall doorway to the side.

"What's he getting?"

"You'll see," Jungkook smiles. "It's my favorite part of training. And it'll be your favorite too, trust me."

We wait together in awkward silence. Jungkook decides to guide me through some basic stretches while we wait. I look around the room, taking in the vast space, and I even manage to make eye contact with Jungkook through the mirror reflection.

I look back down, flustered.

After a few grunts of effort from the storage room, Namjoon eventually comes back, pulling a...

Is that a fan?

My jaw drops.

It's a massive, MASSIVE fan that barely makes it under the doorframe. Namjoon pulls the thing with all his might, but he still makes slow progress. Jungkook and I rush over to help.

"If Namjoon-hyung of all people is struggling to move something and it doesn't break when he tries, that says a lot about how sturdy the thing is," Jungkook glances at me meaningfully.

Namjoon laughs. "No kidding."

Soon the fan is set up at the side, adjacent to the mirror wall. We take a moment to catch our breaths. Then Namjoon walks over and plugs the thing in, sending a big cool breeze over the room.

Whirrrrrrr....

The blades pick up speed.

WHIRRRRRR....

It sounds and looks like it's about to explode.

WHIRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

"What's this for?!"

My voice barely carries over the WHIRRR of the fan.

"A cool breeze!" Namjoon replies.

The blades get so fast that they practically turn invisible. And sure enough, it generates a steady wind, dropping the temperature in the room by a good amount. I cross my arms in the cold.

"Will it really get that hot?"

"No," Namjoon yells. "Your elemental is air, so it'll be easier for you to feel it and use it if it's moving around you!"