31 - With You

"Stop! Please-"

"Stop! Please-"

Jimin doesn't listen. He throws me onto the floor, knocking down a glass vase in the process. The sound of glass shattering slices through the air around us. When I land on the hard ground, its sharp edges cut deep into my skin.

Thousands of glittering glass pieces become tinted red.

"Look what you've done, Y/n. You've destroyed us."

"It wasn't on purpose," I say weakly.

"But you knew," Jimin seethes. "They were nothing but kind to you. Now all of us are gone, Jungkook and Suga and Jin and everyone else you cared about. Dead because of you."

"They're not dead!"

"They may as well be," he sighs. He turns to face the window. "They're never coming back."

I can't move from pain, but I manage to turn my head to look at him. The moonlight falls upon every perfect strand of his hair, none out of place. It makes his skin a pale white. It illuminates his white shirt, his white pants, and the white walls of the room. Like a painting, almost, or a statue.

The sadness in his eyes is the only thing human about him in this moment, which reminds me of the Jimin I once knew. The compassionate one, the one that always made J-Hope laugh...

"I'm sorry," I whisper.

"You should be." He barely offers me a glance, gaze locked on the outside world beyond the window.

"Jimin. Please," I say. "You're our last hope. Get us out..."

"No. You made the choice that led us here so you need to deal with the consequences." He glances at me. "You'll get to meet Jungkook again, at least. Funny. Isn't that what you want anyway?"

No no no -

He holds up something. It's an object with flickering shadows that I can't figure out, like a glitch. "The Commander ordered me to do this, you realize, so it's not like I have much of a choice. You're such a burden."

I look into his eyes.

The sadness isn't there anymore, just cold darkness.

He lifts up the object. 

~

I gasp sharply.

Heart racing, hands sweaty.

A nightmare.

Around me is the triangular covering of my tent. Dull, boring, and gray. I sigh and sit up. I consider going back to sleep but I know there's no way I'm falling asleep again right after that.

I shrug myself out of the sleeping bag and slowly unzip the tent, lifting the flap just enough to gaze outside and breathe in the chilly night air. The cool temperature calms me down.