24 - Meeting Place

"Alright people! C'mon, let's get going!"

J-Hope's voice echoes around the base. I stumble my way outside, mask in hand. The sky is a dull gray with heavy clouds - it'll probably rain soon.

"Looks like the lazy ones are still missing," J-Hope says after a headcount. "Do any of you know where they are?"

I stop in my tracks and look up at him. "Who?"

"Jungkook and Jimin."

I raise my eyebrows. "They're the lazy ones?"

"Always the last to wake up."

"Oh... you're right. They're still asleep I think."

"I'll wake them up," Suga volunteers.

"Great! Y/n, you can help me with the boxes."

J-Hope goes back to loading supplies, but my gaze is still on Suga. I watch as he strides towards the hobbit door, pauses for a brief moment, then slips inside.

"Don't worry," J-Hope says, noticing my hesitation. "Suga knows what it's like to be woken up, and he hates it. So he'll go easy on them."

Right then and there, we hear yells of complaint coming from inside the base.

"... are you sure?"

"Yeah, that's just a confused and annoyed Jimin," J-Hope waves it off. "They'll be fine."

After a brief moment, I decide to shrug it off. I pick up a box and start helping J-Hope move the supplies.

~

The journey starts off nicely.

While Taehyung helps J-Hope with navigation at the front, the rest of us pile in the back of the truck. We fool around with endless jokes and conversation in the open air - a wonderful distraction from the bland countryside around us.

Topics of discussion include burritos, rubber ducks, Jungkook setting off an emergency doorway alarm, an air hockey game that involved Jin, and some loud (purposefully off-key) singing.

The limited space in the truck makes their chaotic energy much more intense.

Then it starts raining. J-Hope stops the truck so we can all hide in the front (which is only meant for two passengers). Somehow it works out - I end up on Jungkook's lap again, this time squished between Jimin and the passenger door. It's uncomfortable but we're not getting soaked by water pellets anymore so no one complains.

The limited space doesn't stop the off-key singing.

Time passes from one hour to the next, mostly uneventful. The afternoon shifts into the evening, and the heavier sleepers like Suga and Jungkook start dozing off when the sky gets darker.

I want to get some rest too, but I'm too nervous to sleep.

~

Taehyung checks the map again. "We're almost there," he says. "Just drive for another minute this way and we'll arrive."