27 - Into the Night

Calm and confidence replace the shaky feeling that I used to experience in the past.

Here we go...

"Make the music louder!" I yell back

Someone at the front hears that - probably J-Hope, also recognizing the familiar scenario - and the music gets turned up.

Beats, rhythms, pitch, melody... all of it amplifies.

"I do, what I do,

So mind your own business ~"

The threads on my hands start thrumming in excitement.

"YOU CAN'T STOP MY LOVING MYSELF!!"

I grab onto the satisfying beat drop by making a fist with my right hand, and then I use all my built-up energy in the golden threads to push outwards.

The soundwaves make an impact in the air. Much bigger this time.

BOOM.

The soldiers nearby are thrown off their feet. Jin takes a really sharp turn, making the truck wheels skid on the ground, and we manage to get past the wall. It goes much smoother than last time.

"YES! You did it Y/n!"

Namjoon gives me a high-five and Jungkook rushes in for a proud hug. I take this moment to bathe in the sensation of glorious victory.

It must've been the training. My hard work paid off!

... then the truck starts slowing down.

"Bad news," Taehyung calls out to us. "It was a distraction."

And a distraction it was - while all of our attention was caught on navigating past the earth wall, the other Fighters had caught up to us. We're slowing down because they're loosening up the dirt underneath us. It's like driving in quicksand.

We look at each other in mutual understanding. Dread settles in my stomach.

Then we all turn Namjoon for help.

He quickly analyses the situation and shakes his head. "There's too many of them. We need to leave."

"But Jimin," I say. "And Suga - what about them -?"

"There might not be enough time," he mutters.

It's so quiet that normally it'd remain unheard, but I'm so dialed-in to his voice that the sound waves amplify and I hear it anyway.

I almost wish I didn't, because now I feel even more sick.

"Y/n, I need you to send my voice across the entire parking lot so Suga and Jimin have a chance of hearing me, okay? Can you do that for me?"

I nod, unable to speak. I look down and force myself to hold on to the last few golden threads on my hands. Then seeing that I'm ready, Namjoon holds his hands up to his mouth and yells.