11 - Elevator Glide

I squeeze my eyes shut and brace myself for the stomach-dropping sensation of falling.

That, and the sensation of hitting the ground.

One second passes.

Two seconds.

Three.

The sensation never comes.

What?

I slowly open my right eye.

I look around us, astonished. We're gliding - slowly making our way down to the ground like we're in an elevator ride. I feel a strange and unnatural shift in the air around us as we're lowered.

J-Hope is just as stunned as I am. I turn to Jungkook.

Jungkook's eyes are closed tightly and his hands are up to his temples.

Understanding dawns upon me - Jungkook must be using his wind ability to keep us from crashing into the ground.

"Oh thank goodness!" J-Hope exclaims. I'm just as relieved as him. "Jungkook you're the best, I'm going to personally take you out for lamb skewers since I know Yoongi-hyung has been busy with his music and whatev- OH HECK NO JUNGKOOK MOVEEEEE! THEY'RE SHOOTING AT US -"

"DODGE IT!" A big shadowy mass of earth blocking the view behind us scares me into screaming along with J-Hope.

The truck shifts a little as Jungkook wrestles with the air, but it's no use. Jungkook seems to realize the same thing because he lets go completely.

"AAAAAAHHHH!!"

The three of us are screaming in unison once again when the truck is sent falling the rest of the way. The stomach-dropping sensation makes me sick.

The earth ball skims the top of the truck, missing us. Barely.

We land on the ground with a deafening THUMP.

I catch my breath in a daze.

J-Hope recovers the fastest. The next moment we're off, and J-Hope is swerving and drifting around the road like a madman while more (albeit smaller) masses of rocks and dirt are shot at us.

"That was... tiring..."

I can barely hear Jungkook mumbling in the midst of the chaos.

Alarmed, I turn around to face him. He looks dangerously pale and his eyes are half-closed.

"Jungkook-ah, can you make the truck go any faster?" J-Hope asks, oblivious.

"Uh, J-Hope..." I say. "He looks..."

Jungkook shakes his head. "No energy," he says simply.

"None at all?"

Jungkook doesn't respond.