19 - Tracked

We continue towards Namjoon's room in silence.

A/N: I've revised this chapter so many times I've lost count 😅

~

"There aren't any trackers on it?" Namjoon gestures at the letter.

Jimin hands it to him. "Not that I know of."

Namjoon reads the contents and turns the paper over in his hands. He's alert in an instant, unlike Jimin who took a few moments to wake up. "I don't sense anything either. This is really strange."

"It's harmless," Jimin agrees. "So I don't know what they could be up to."

Namjoon is in deep thought, head resting on his hand.

A long moment of silence follows.

Then he looks up at us with a strange gleam in his eye. My heart skips a beat in anticipation and worry.

"Jimin, how did you know about the letter?"

"Y/n woke me up and told me about it."

I look back and forth between them.

Namjoon sighs. "Jimin, I'm sorry if the next question offends you. But I have to make sure, for safety."

"Okay...?"

"Did you know about the letter before Y/n woke you up?"

"What?! No!" Jimin yells, incredulous. "What the - of course not - hyung! How could you say that?"

"It's a possibility."

"I thought we trusted each other! We're a team!"

"But how else could they have known about our location -"

"You're saying I told them?!"

Their voices get louder and louder.

I shrink into the wall to avoid any attention. If they get any louder, I'm afraid that they might wake the others up.

"Hyung, please think about this." There's a desperate expression on Jimin's face. "Let's say I'm the bad guy, then. Why would I come straight to you for help?"

Namjoon pauses at that.

"If I was the bad guy," Jimin continues, "I would try to hide the letter from you. It wouldn't make sense for me to come running for your help! So please stop accusing me."

Namjoon still looks skeptical.

"Maybe this is what they wanted." Jimin sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "They wanted us to divide ourselves and not trust each other by sending that letter. And that's the last thing we need right now, since there's only eight of us against all of them."

He moves to pat Namjoon's arm comfortingly. "Let's work together, yeah?"

I watch in awe as Namjoon's shoulders slump in defeat. "... you've got a point there. Sorry. I should've trusted you."