30 - Promised

He's already moved forward and clasped a hand over my mouth.

"Shhh, don't scream," he whispers.

"MMmmmMMM!"

"Y/n please don't make this harder than it already is, it took me forever to find you guys and now you're flailing around and screaming in my hand -"

"Mm mmm MMMM mmmm MMMM MMM -"

"Okay okay! I'll let go if you stop yelling! Just please stop!"

"MMMMMMMMM-"

He sighs and holds me tighter. My back, hugged against his chest, suddenly feels fuzzy. The feeling travels through me and smoothly settles into my head where everything starts to feel... foggy.

So foggy.

It's somehow familiar - a peaceful, fluffy, empty freedom.

"Shhhh... aren't you happy to see me?"

I blink.

I'm about to retort with something sarcastic but another wave of it - whatever it is - settles into me. My defiance melts away. I find myself hesitating instead, losing my grip on those thoughts and nodding. I quietly pry at his fingers.

Seeing that I'm listening to him, he lets go - but his other hand holds onto my wrist. I step back as far as I can.

"Jimin?"

"Yeah, it's me," he mumbles. I try freeing my hand but he's got an iron grip on it. "I haven't seen you in awhile. Where's everyone else?"

I catch my breath as I try to wrap my mind around what's happening. "Uhh... Jungkook's in the forest," I say. "If you wait long enough you can see him too. And everyone else is waiting for dinner. Do you want to... you could join us...?"

Jimin shakes his head sadly. "That's the thing Y/n. I can't let them see me."

"Then why did you ask me where they are?"

"To make sure I have you alone."

"... oh."

That sets off alarms in my head. I try to take a step back again, painfully aware of how defenseless I am and how dominant Jimin can be. The power dynamic is nowhere near equal.

"You're after me," I say.

I thought he wouldn't. None of us thought he would. Jimin stands, motionless, and when I look up at him to figure out why he hasn't replied, we make eye contact.

The sadness in his dark orbs...

Seeing him like this takes my breath away. His soulful persona is so intense, molten eyes carrying so much weight, raw emotion written in every aspect of his being, lips parted with words left unsaid. He's longing for something, but he's drowning in agonizing helplessness.