Five

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

"The deeper you dig, the darker it gets

"The deeper you dig, the darker it gets."

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

Red. My favorite color.

     It was brave and confident but also agressive and violent. The way it seemed to draw attention, eyes gravitating toward it like a pull. A force. It conveyed my intentions, my personality, be it on my lips or adorning my clothes.

    The way red ran through the veins of everyone in the world, supernatural and mortal alike. Red was the thing that bound us all together. The color that tethered life on a string.

    Red was what made me who I was. Blood, I needed to survive. Blood, nourished my body and gave me life.

    I had learned to love the rush over the centuries. The high that the blood gave me. Like a drug that kept you coming back for more.

    Vampires were addicts of the fiercest kind. The unlimited predator hunting that of their desires like a fiend needing another hit.

    Some accepted the fact. Simply ignoring it like it wasn't there. Knew what they were and chose to let it be. A slumbering animal that could lash out at any moment.

    Others fought it, pushing away their brazen impulses as though it were the plague. Forcing all that they had become away and pretending as though it had never happened. That they had never died.

    And then there were those who relished in it. Who understood and controlled it. Living in a perfect symbiosis with their darker half like a shadow.

    A shadow that they knew was always there. A presence that could not be avoided nor pushed away. 

They understood that just because the sun no longer shined on that fraction of darkness, it did not make the darkness any less beautiful.

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

    The next day Klaus had me again. I met the man once, and yet now he would not leave me alone. Had kicked his ass as well, and yet he just seemed to be begging for another fight.

I ignored his texts, as any sane person would. And yet when he'd decided to text me thrice within the span of five minutes I got the feeling he wouldn't stop until I responded.

'You know, Love, I'm hurt that you haven't answered me. I might just have to retaliate.'

I arched a brow. He had to be joking. He was joking right?