Forty-one

Warning: Chapter contains explicit content😏😏

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

"So what will it be? Kiss me or kill me?"

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

   The cold oak wood bit at my knuckles as I knocked twice on the door of the Mikaelson mansion. The wind was howling tonight as though the world knew how much everything was in shambles.

Everything seemed to be moving in super-speed. My death, kidnapped, Klaus, Klaus making Bonnie perform that spell, it was all within the span of a few hours and everything in my mind was screaming at me to slow down.

I needed to get my thoughts straight. There was too much going on to waste what little spare time I had. The past few hours made that apparently clear.

Soft, leisurely footsteps approached the door before a lock clicked and it was pulled open. There stood a very tired-looking Klaus. His curly hair disheveled, and his eyes drooping with much-needed sleep.

He was exhausted, but alive.

Alive.

I'd just scarcely seen him after Bonnie completed spell. Caroline had ushered me away to talk before I could mutter a word to him—though it was a much-needed talk, granted she didn't know anything about what was going on. They had kept her in the dark, just like I had assumed they would. And I hated them more than ever.

But that was a problem for another day.

It was odd seeing the hybrid standing there in front of me. I'd watched as Alaric plunged that stake into his chest before his body went up in flames yesterday. The event seemed like had been just seconds ago. I had grieved his death, and my mind still hadn't gripped the fact he wasn't gone.

"Lili," he said in his thick accent, opening the door wider, "I was wondering when you'd show up."

I didn't say a word, merely making my way into the house and walking toward the living room without so much as a glance back toward him. I knew he would follow. I was waiting for a call of annoyance, a voice of dismay at the fact I was ordering him around. Truthfully, I couldn't care less. We had things to talk about him and I.

I turned around when I'd reached the dim-lit room, now so familiar with the days I'd spent living here. Klaus had, in fact, followed. He looked curious, probably wondering what I was doing.

I didn't sit down. I was restless already and being confined to a chair then felt like a prison. "We have to talk." I said, my tone was a mix of so many things: anger, relief, confusion, expectance.

Klaus raised a brow, walking over to the small bar and pouring himself a drink before he sat down on the large couch. "Care to elaborate?"

I snorted, "You died." I stated blankly. "And it...wasn't pleasant."