Sixty-Seven

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

"Running doesn't matter

"Running doesn't matter. I'll hunt you down if I have to."

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

    "TYLER," CAROLINE scolded as her boyfriend picked up an armful of chains and dropped them to the ground. The sound echoed through the Lockwood cellar. Through the cold stone around us.

    "Keep them down here until we're ready to bring Klaus in." Tyler said, his voice void of emotion.

    I narrowed my eyes, a threat evident in my gaze. I may not be able to do anything magical—thanks to Tyler's little party trick where he decided to pull out this 'lobelia flower' that nullified my magic (thanks Alaric)—but I could put up a damn good fight with just my fists.

    Tyler looked down to the chains he just dropped, "Use these if you have to."

    "Come on, Tyler," Stefan tried to reason, "This is bigger than you. It's about more than revenge for us."

    Yeah, for him and Damon it was about protecting their cute little doppelicious. Trussing her up in dresses and making her human again. Just fun throuple things.

    "I know what it's about for you, Stefan." The Hybrid stepped forward toward my twin. "Its about the cure. You know what happens to a hybrid when he's cured of being a vampire?" Tyler paused, "We go back to being werewolves, turning on every full moon. We could give a rats ass about the cure."

    "Tyler, come on." Caroline pleaded to her boyfriend.

    "I needed you on my side, Care!" he raised his voice again. He let out a breath, his voice growing softer again as he shook his head slightly. "That's all I wanted."

    Tyler said nothing more as he walked out of the cellar without looking back.

    "Well, we're fucked." I said finally.

    "Shut up." Kim replied. 

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

    One might think being held as hostage would be an exciting, action-packed experience. But truly, it consisted of sitting on a dirty, cold stone floor and being told to shut up every ten seconds while you attempted to recite the entirety of Shakespeare's 'Hamlet' from memory.

    It was a dare from Caroline—well, in part. She was distraught and I'd thought doing something to take her mind off the fact her boyfriend had taken her captive might help. So, of course, I'd voiced the first game that came to mind.

    Truth or dare.

    Caroline had been entirely uninterested—some might take that as their que to stop, but I knew Caroline better than my own reflection. She was happy and kind and social, but she hated vulnerability—true vulnerability. Not friendly confessions, or past mistakes, but displays of emotion.