Nine

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

"I dont rise from the ashes, I make them

"I dont rise from the ashes, I make them."

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

"Klaus." Elena whispered, her eyes widening. As if on reflex my brother stepped in front of the doppelganger to shield her. His body tensing, waiting for Klaus to lash out at any second.

    I turned my head away from the Eleanor and Damien. My eyes finding that of the Original Hybrid with distaste, he had already been looking at me. His eyes shone with interest—or curiosity. My bet was both.

I tried to convey my intention with an single stare. All of my threats combining into one. Telling him that if he even do much as muttered a whisper about what had happened, I'd string him up in the town square.

    Klaus's look was challenging, as if he was debating whether or not he should if only to spite me. I wouldn't put it past him.

    "You really gonna do this in front of everyone?" Damon asked, snapping Klaus and I out of our silent war. I looked over to my brother, watching as his eyes searched the crowd around the grill, making a show of looking at the humans around them.

    "I don't know what you're talking about. I just came down to my local pub to have a drink with a mate." He turned his head a fraction toward his friend, "Get a round then, would you, Tony." it was phrased like a question, but there was no doubt in my mind that it was a command.

From a master to his servant. Disgusting.

There was no question that my morales were often questionable. Murder was not high in my list, nor torture or anything remotely violent. But free will was.

For so long I had been stripped of mine and bound. And it was so very important to me that those around me did not loose theirs as well.

It was a fate I would not wish on my greatest enemy.

    The hybrid's gaze came back to me with an even bigger smirk than before. I raised a brow at him.

    "I'm surprised you stuck around town long enough for happy hour," Damon said, stalking a daring few steps closer to Klaus.

    "My sister seems to be missing, need to sort that out," Klaus replied, his voice edged with a threat.

Damon scoffed, stepping forward again until he was in front of me, too. "Cute, blonde bombshell, psycho, shouldn't be too hard to find."

I cut in too, "You know, I might not be the most informed, but that sounds like a you problem." My face was stoic and uninterested. Bored, really. Klaus turned to me again, cocking his head as though my words were foreign. "Why should any of us care?" I added.