Eight

My eyes fluttered open the next morning to the terrible sound of my ringtone. It jammed nails in my skull, hammering them in until my bones splintered and cracked.

I could have cried.

I was having such a good dream too, and now I would never see how the ending would play out.

I just barely refrained from my tears, pushing back my sons as I gripped my phone from the nightstand so tight I could have sworn I heard a snap. Still laying in bed, I clicked the answer button.

    "What?" I practically growled into the phone, ready to unleash hell on the person who had ruined my dream.

    "I need to tell you something." Stefan's voice rang from the other side.

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

    "What. The. Fuck. Stefan." I gaped as I stood from my bed. "You thought it would be a good idea to steal Klaus's coffins?" I laughed in an empty way, "You're dead."

    "Klaus stole too much from me. he needs to be punished."

    Kinky.

    I scoffed, "Fine, that's reasonable. I get that you want him to suffer. But stealing the coffins filled will his siblings...that's a bit drastic, no? Definitely just signed your death sentence." I shook my head at him and his stupidity, "Couldn't you have just put hair remover in his shampoo and made him live out the next few years bald? Or try to kill him again and fail like you did last time?" I asked with a roll of my eyes, "Something that won't end up with you inevitably in one of those coffins."

I walked over to my closet, beginning to flip through my wide array of clothes before I pulled a black shirt from its hanger and tossed it on the bed. 

Simple and Classy.

"You can't tell anyone, Lili. Promise me." He said, his voice laced with an urgency that an emotionless vampire would never have.

"Yeah, yeah, fine." I told him as I grabbed a pair of jeans and threw them on the bed with my shirt.

"Not convincing," Stefan stated.

"Do you want me to sign a contract?"

I walked over and sat on my bed, waiting for Stefan to hang up so I could get ready.

He sighed over the phone, "I'm being serious."

"Aren't you always?" I sighed out dramatically. When silence answered me, I spoke again. "Fine. I swear." I relented before mumbling about how grumpy he was and hanging up. "]Why'd you even tell me in the first place?"

"Because you're my twin and I love you."

Suspicious as hell.

"And...?" I prompted.

"And insider information is always nice."

"I hate you."

"Love you too." he sing-songed before the other line went dead and the call ended.

I threw my phone beside me, silently shaking my head at my idiotic brother.

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

    Five days.

Five days of patiently waiting for havoc to place its self in Mystic Falls. Waiting for my secret to be revealed and for those who I ran from to come and find me. Waiting for the hybrid to murder us all in the hopes of getting his family back.

Everyone around me had gone insane. Their eyes always laced with suspicion as though Klaus would show up at any odd moment to kill us all.

A part of me felt the same. Wondering if he would simply show up and out my secrets for all who could hear.