Fifty-Two

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

"I'm not the same kid from your memory

"I'm not the same kid from your memory."

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

    Klaus stood next to the hunter as Conner groaned in pain, the hybrids arm was leaned against the torture table as he patronized the man. I had learned in a very short time that Conner was not a person I quite liked at all, especially not after he said, and I quote, 'You're just a hybrid bitch, your death will be more pai—' I cut him off with a knife to his throat. He wasn't so inclined to insult me after that.

"You feeling all right, mate?" Klaus patronized. "Are the shackles too tight?" Conner closed his eyes in a wince, leaning his head back against the table as Klaus smirked.

It was a lovely sight.

The hybrid turned his head, lips tilting up higher when he looked toward the edge of the room. "Welcome home, sister."

I turned around, finding the blonde original standing in the threshold as she examined the hunter with a predators gaze.

"Bekah!" I exclaimed, "Finally, someone sane." Walking toward her quickly, I engulfed her in a desperate hug which she quickly returned. I had been surrounded by men for far too long, and it felt great to finally be in some female company.

A good reminder to call Caroline later tonight. That is, if she was still talking to me.

Rebekah pulled away with a small smile, her eyes going back to examining the hunter. I noticed Stefan behind her, lingering a few feet away as he watched the room warily. The first smart thing he'd done in a long while.

"Is this a trick?" Rebekah asked, her brows furrowing in disdain. "How do you know he's one of the five? Where's his tattoo?"

Klaus took a step away from the torture table, clasping his hands being his back with an amused grin. "The tattoos aren't visible on this lot like they were on the last." he spared the hunter a small glance before he began walking toward us. "Let's eat."

Dinner with two originals and my bastard brother, my life was a joke.

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

The four of us sat at a round table, various dinner plates and glasses of wine littering it as though we were at a luxury restaurant. Stefan sat across from me—the perfect place to aim my glares—Rebekah was to my left, and Klaus to my right.

"Thank you, my lovely." Klaus said to one of the compelled women that had refilled his wine and I rolled my eyes.

I'd take care the women after dinner, compel them to go home and forget about this place. It was gross, and unsettling and I would definitely be beating Klaus's ass about it later.