Fifty-Nine

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

"In all chaos there is calculation

"In all chaos there is calculation."

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

There were such small things that made us unique. The way we laughed, the way we cried. Walked and talked. Felt and heard. Such minuscule actions when thinking about them, and yet they brand us. Facets of life that make us feel alive. Shards that make us feel dead.

They run together as years pass by and the sun comes and goes. A river of memory that never stops flowing. A series of lives preserved in a fraction of water. The smallest drops all just as important as the largest of cups. Each of them poured into the river as one creating an infinite moment.

Even the most similar of people had the tiniest fraction of self that set them apart from the rest.

I had always loved observing those small actions.

The psychology of it all. What made people the way they were. The way they expressed themselves. It was like the moon, one side so apparent and revealed while the other was an utter mystery. Dark and mysterious. Leaving you wondering whatever it was that was concealed.

Each of us were different stars trying to shine brighter than the others.

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

"Get your ass down here or I'll hunt you down myself." Caroline threatened over the phone, the bustling people around her serving as background noise as they all shuffled around her.

I hated having friends.

No, I didn't.

But it was hard work. Do this. Grandma that. Get here. Be there. So much to do, so little time. Ugh.

"So demanding." I groaned with a roll of my eyes even as I slipped on my shoes getting ready to leave. "Do I have to?"

"You are not missing Miss Mystic Falls." she scolded. "I will drag you here by your ankles. I've done it before."

"Don't remind me." I still got flashbacks to senior prank night. Waking up to Caroline placing my shoes on my feet before dragging me away from my comfortable bed sheets by my ankles to get there. Still had nightmares about it.

She groaned, "Please." she drawled. "As your best-est friend ever, I need help setting up and I'm surrounded by idiots who have no idea what to do."

I rolled my eyes, exiting my room with a smile. "I was already on my way there."

She gasped, "You menace!" she seethed amusedly.