Twenty Seven

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

"If I told you my secrets, you'd never look at me the same

"If I told you my secrets, you'd never look at me the same."

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

"Finally, I was starting to think you weren't coming." Caroline exclaimed as she opened the door to her house for me. I nodded, still reeling from what had just happened. She raised a brow, opening the door wider for me. 'You look like you just saw a ghost."

"Not far off." I said as I stepped into the warm house.

She closed the door behind me. "Spill." she said, flouncing through the house toward her room.

I sighed, "I don't even know where to start."

She made an interested sound, "Must be bad." she giggled, "Start from the beginning."

I cringed, flopping down on her bed. I wanted to stay there for eternity. "I've been staying at Klaus's mansion." I began. I hadn't had the heart to tell her.

Her eyes widened, "You what?" she exclaimed. "You could've stayed here!"

I sat up, shrugging a little. "I couldn't put you in that position. I was the enemy. I didn't want you to have to choose between me and them." I sighed again, putting my face in my hands. "It's temporary. I just kind of...ended up there, I guess, after dropping Bonnie off one night."

She gave me a very Caroline-y smile, "I need more detail than that, Lili. Tell me all of it."

I rolled my eyes, a slight bit of amusement coming back to me. "Fine, fine. Demanding..." she threw a pillow at me and I smiled. "I dropped Bonnie off, and I guess I thought of it as my only option. I'd wanted to talk to Rebekah, btu Klaus was there and he just kind of let me stay there.

"Anyways, after I'd helped destroy the white oak and the whole thing with Stefan and Damon, I just kind of broke down. And then there was this moment...doesn't really matter what happened but Klaus just kinda...helped." I cringed again, "And then there was a few minutes ago." I sighed. Feeling stupid.

Carolien sat down next to me, "What happened a few minutes ago?" she prodded, bumping my shoulder with hers.

I groaned, falling back on the bed as I stared at her ceiling. "I don't even know."

Caroline looked smug when I turned back to her, "I know that look." she drawled with a giggle as she stood from the bed. She pointed at me, swiveling her finger in circles. "You're down bad, Lils."

I sat up abruptly, "Am not." I denied.

She laughed again and I glared at her. Her laughter quieted after a minute. "So, you're telling me that nothing happened between you two?" she raised her brows in challenge.