Thirty

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

"It's hard to forget when your past is written all over your body

"It's hard to forget when your past is written all over your body."

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

    I stood in the middle of the mystic falls gym, absentmindedly picking up balloons and stuffing them into a black trash bag as I thought about what hell my life had become.

Everything had been turned upside down. Flipped around until all that was left behind was a muddle of thoughts and decisions that left everything messier than it already was. I didn't know how to feel anymore. Or which side I was on.

I was drifting in the middle of everything without knowing where was going.

I didn't know where I belonged anymore. My family was a mess, and I knew it would be a long time before I could forget what they'd done to me. I didn't belong with team original either. There was too much history there. Too many things that I couldn't bury.

I shoved another balloon into the bag, nearly popping it as I gripped the thing so damn hard. I was a tad on edge.

"What do you mean you're ditching my clean-up committee?" A voice scolded as footsteps came around the corner. I turned, raising a brow at the source of the voice as she rolled her eyes at the person on the other line of the phone. Caroline stopped in the middle of the gym, preoccupied with whatever drama she was dealing with. The blonde threw her hands in the air, "Well, since when did sire bond equal mover slave?"

A fact that had gotten lost in my mess of thoughts after last night's events: Klaus was leaving. He was finally getting out of our lives...I felt like I should feel more relief than I did.

He had asked me to go with him. A fact that should have been more alarming than it was. He wanted me to leave and escape from this small corner of the world...with him.

Everything you want, Lili. The stars, the moon, all of it could be yours.

I was a damn mess for even considering it.

Klaus's enemies would follow us anywhere we went. Mystic Falls was a giant tornado of supernatural creatures who wanted to kill each other, Klaus being one of them. Klaus was Mystic Falls, for God's sake.

I couldn't go with him.

A loud boom broke me from my thoughts as I broke another fucking balloon. I had to physically suppress a scream of frustration, remembering that Caroline was here and on the phone with Tyler.

"Ugh, he's being petty." Caroline breathed out, walking around slightly as I listened in on her conversation. It was bad of me, I know. But I needed a distraction otherwise, the popping of balloons might actually pop my brain.