Sixty-Two

A warm arm was wrapped around my waist as I was splayed across a soft bed. The sun was shining in my face in a way that made me feel warm and happy in my body. The open room was surreal, and i could have sworn it might have been heaven.

    It would have been a lovely uprising.

    Except for the hellish ringing of my phone that made me want to rip my ears off.

I whimpered. My eyes squinting open as I looked toward the nightstand, my phone buzzing and crying out as a name lit up the screen. My hand reached out, missing the small table entirely before I tried again.

Klaus stirred beside me, letting out a grumbled breath as my hand finally grabbed the phone. I was on the verge of tears as I brought the phone to my ear, making to move off the bed only to be stopped by his warm arm tightening around my waist.

I rolled my eyes as I exhaled a disheveled breath. I pressed the accept, pointing my finger at the phone thrice as I tried to get the button to work before I finally brought the phone to my ear. "What do you want?" I uttered in a whisper, my voice hoarse.

    "Awe, I'm happy to hear your voice too." Caroline's voice rang from the other side.

    I winced as I tried to open my eyes further, tragically failing as light flooded in faster than I had thought. "I'm sure. What do you want?" I asked again.

    I could practically see as the blonde vampire scrunched her nose on the other end of the phone. "Why are you whispering?" she questioned oddly.

    I sighed another breath, face planting into the sheets of the bed as I buried my face in their soft goodness. "Because it's early and I can't function."

    "It's nine a.m." she deadpanned.

    "Early." I whined.

    "Well, get up because I'm calling in a favor." she replied, and a soft rustle sounded after her words.

    I furrowed my brows, trying to cover my face with a pillow to conceal my face from the blistering sun shining through the blinds. "Favor?" my voice was still hushed, trying not to disturb the hybrid whose arm was still encircling me. Though I had a feeling he was already awake.

    "Yeah, since you ditched at Miss Mystic, you owe me one." She threw back, though it was full of amusement. "Where did you go?"

    "Uh," I drawled, lifting the pillow over my face just barely to cast a glance at the man beside me. He looked peaceful for a moment, and I was almost fooled into thinking he was still asleep.

    But his lips tilted up into a smirk, his eyes still shut.

Mean.

    I rolled my eyes, answering quickly. "I forgot to do my laundry." It was the first thing that came to mind.

    Caroline snickered, "You're such a liar."

    "Am not." I grumbled back, shooting a glare at the smirking original beside me even though he couldn't see me.

    She gasped. "Oh, my god." she realized eagerly. "Were you with Klaus?"

    The hybrid's chest rose with a silent chuckle. I pushed his shoulder in retaliation, letting him know I knew he was awake. "No, but you're right I lied." A smug smirk crossed my features. "I was walking my new dog." I said smugly.

Klaus's eyes snapped open, his gaze finding my absolutely menacing one. His features twisted into a scowl,  lips pursuing slightly.

    The blonde vampire scoffed over the phone, "Liar, liar." she sung. "You so were with Klaus."