Fifty-Five

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

"And still, we stand

"And still, we stand."

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

    Caroline and I entered the Lockwood house in search of her rogue wolf boyfriend. A boyfriend I absolutely loathed but would tolerate for the sake of my best friend. Though it sounded so very tempting to just rip his heart from his chest. Swift and smooth, no one even had to know it was me...

    A girl can dream.

    Caroline and I walked into the Lockwood mansion, each of us looking around for Tyler. My ears caught on hushed voices and I slowly moved toward the sound. Hesitantly stepping through the house until I was standing in the threshold of the living room.

    Caroline and I watched as Tyler bickered with a fellow hybrid, waving his arms slightly as he tried to convince the hybrid to do—or not do something. I didn't really care to listen after I heard the words 'hey, man.'

    "No, fucking way." A feminine voice mused from behind us, a short pant of a breath following just after it. Almost as if they were in shock.

I furrowed my brows, turning around slowly and coming face to face with someone I never thought I'd see again. My eyes widened. So did hers. "Awe, hell." I drawled with a grin, "The bitch is back." I laughed, practically jumping on the woman as I enveloped her in a very tight hug that likely could have broken her itsy-bitsy werewolf bones.

    Joy burst through me, running through my veins and pumping my heart faster. I couldn't help but smile as fond memories played through my mind on repeat. As if I were there again in the moment as the two of us danced on top of bars and explored the abandoned parts of cities. Confided in each other and partied till the sun came up.

God, I forgot how much I'd missed her. 

    She made a suffocated sound and I pulled away, placing an excited hand on her shoulder, nearly bouncing up and down.

    "Hayley Marshall." I practically giggled out her name.

    "Lili freaking Salvatore." she chuckled right back, pulling me into another brief—less tight—hug. "The hell are you doing in Mystic Falls?" she asked.

    I shrugged, "I live here." before nodding my head to the side with a tilt of my lips. "Though I could ask you the same thing."

    She opened her mouth. The promptly closed it, flickering her eyes toward the blonde vampire who now stood just a few feet around me with her arms crossed.    "Uh, who are you?" Caroline asked, shifting her weight to one side.

    "Who the hell are you?" Hayley threw back with an arched brow.

"Oh, right." I realized, looking between two of my greatest friends. "Caroline, Hayley." I gestured a hand back and forth. "Hayley, Caroline."