Seven

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

"You underestimate my power

"You underestimate my power."

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

"The big bad wolf," Mikael began, "You haven't changed. Still hiding behind your playthings like a coward.

"You only forget, they may be sired to you, but they're still part vampire; they can be compelled by me." Papa Original hissed as one of Klaus' hybrids walked up beside him. The short-haired woman from earlier. I took a step back, my eyes narrowing in disdain.

This got a bit harder. Mikael would be easy to incapacitate. If I could get Klaus out of the way, I could simply shut off Mikael's mind with a flick of my wrist and he'd go tumbling to to the floor.

A dozen hybrids, however...that got a bit difficult.

The short haired woman reached toward a dark spot next to the door, reaching into the shadows as a muffled cry emanated from where she reached. Another person was revealed, yanked from the side of the mansion.

Elena—no, a vampire.

Katherine.

    What the hell? What was Kat doing here?

    My friend, now in Mikael's hands.

Just when I thought there would be no more obstacles.

    I felt as the grip on my control slipped a fraction, my magic slipping past the thick walls I'd buried it behind. I forced my pulse to return to normal as I pushed away my raging emotions.

    Too much emotion was deadly. A curse that made people's grasp on life slip away until they were no longer in control of who they were and what they wanted to do. I'd spent my entire life trying to keep myself in check, I wouldn't let that be ruined now.

    "Come out and face me, Niklaus." Mikael said darkly, I watched as his temper slowly regained control. "or she dies." he glanced toward Katherine.

    I stepped forward, "Lay a hand on her, and you'll have to regrow your head." I growled.

    Mikael whirled to me, "And what will you do? You are a diluted bloodline of my children, you have no—"

    "Spare me. I've heard it all before." I scoffed, "You're not invincible, Mikael. And I would be more than happy to make you suffer." a sick smile made its way onto my face.

I'd always been a brilliant actor. And those skills came in extra handy at that moment due to the fact this guy was fucking scary.

"Go ahead, kill her." Klaus interrupted from behind me. Traitor.

    "No, Klaus! He'll do it." Katherine exclaimed in her Elena voice.

She'd always had a flair for the dramatic, like me. We'd actually got so monumentally bored a while back that at one point that we'd taken three months' worth of drama classes together.