Twelve

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

"I control the shadows, they do not control me

"I control the shadows, they do not control me."

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

Caroline's birthday was the next day and Elena and Bonnie had recruited me for birthday duty. Which sadly meant I actually had to go to school for once and help decorate for Caroline's birthday. I didn't mind the decorating part, it was just the whole being surrounded by a bunch of angsty teenagers that I hated.

Elena and I stood, adorning Care's locker with an array of pink, purple and blue sparkly things that I didn't know the name of.

"Hey, sorry I'm late." Bonnie apologized as she practically ran to us, holding a sign that read: 'Happy Birthday Caroline!' Elena and I grinned at her, "I, uh...got held up."

"It's okay, Lili and I just got here, too," Elena replied, sticking a blue decoration on the locker with a laugh. "Will you pass me the balloons?" Elena questioned and Bonnie picked them up from the ground, holding them out to Elena with a smile that made her look younger somehow. Less burdened.

"Thanks." the doppelgänger replied as she started pinning them to the locker.

A small smile played on my features as I asked Bon, "Whats got you running late?"

"I, uh, was working on some new spells." She said. "What about you guys?"

"Working out with Alaric."

"Damon annoying me by not leaving me alone for a solid two hours."

Bonnie and Elena chuckled at me, I didn't think any of us were surprised by the fact, it was a daily occurrence at this point.

Bonnie held up the sign with a giggle, quickly handing it to Elena.

Said doppelganger looked down, an ashamed looking crossing her features as she grabbed hold of the sign. "So, uh..." she trailed off, "I have something I need to tell you..." she stuck the sign to the locker, securing it with scotch tape, "And you're not gonna like it."

"What happened?" Bonnie asked.

"Jeremy's going to be leaving town for a while." Elena began, "He'll be staying with some old family friends in Denver until this whole Klaus thing blows over."

"Jeremy wouldn't just leave you to deal with Klaus on your own." Bonnie voiced and I agreed.

Elena looked down, unable to meet her eyes. "I know." she stated, "I asked Damon to compel him."

My brows raised in shock as I looked at her like a different person. I never thought Elena would do something like that.

"You what?" Bonnie whispered.