Thirty two

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

"The truth hurts, secrets kill

"The truth hurts, secrets kill."

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

"Why are you doing this?" A woman questioned as a blurry figure turned to face her.

"Because you need me." A male voice answered.

The lids of my eyes felt like they'd been stabled to each other with weights. I couldn't see. Couldn't breathe. Every second was agony where all I could do was sit and listen as my body broke apart bit by bit.

The man continued, "Because you're an 18-year-old girl without parents or guidance or any sense of right or wrong anymore."

"Look at you." The woman accused, "How is this right?"

My eyes fluttered as I used every ounce of my strength to turn my head to the noise. I was met with blurry figures: one standing, two sitting.

"They're murderers." The man growled. There was a small pause, followed by soft footsteps. "She told me she killed someone and liked it." a blurred hand pointed toward the blonde blur.

"And her," his voice sounded as the blurred finger pointed to me. "A witch, Vampire hybrid. Killed countless numbers of people. An abomination. Just like Tyler, just like Klaus." His words were a damnation. Each one annunciated with the preciseness of wielding a blade.

The full weight of his words pushed on my shoulders. A monster. Me. I was a monster.

"See, Elena," The man said, "Your parents lead the council. It was their life's mission to keep this town safe. They weren't dead six months before you undid it all."

"You don't know anything about them." The woman hissed in return.

"Why? Am I wrong?" he replied, "Do you actually think they that they'd be proud of you?"

The man hunched over, his face parallel to the woman as he whispered to her. "If you don't side with the humans, you're just as bad as them." he straightened, standing high. "Now kill them." he said coldly. His voice was like stone as he held out something brown. I strained my eyes in an attempt to focus on what the object was. "Or I'll do it for you, and I'll make it hurt."

Warning bells went off in my mind. Something primal in me realized that this could be my end. My demise in this moment.

The woman made no move to reach out and grab whatever was in his hand. The man blew out an angered breath. His hand lurched forward, grabbing the woman and yanking her from her seat.

I watched as the two blurred figures approached me. I could have sworn a tear escaped my eye. I could just barely make out the woman's pained features as she came to a stop. Her eyes were full of apologies and regrets.

This was it. I was going to die.

She slowly stalked behind me. The man nodded to her, signaling that it was time.

I took a breath in, preparing myself for what was to come. One hundred sixty-two years down the drain. It was all over.

I watched as the woman's hand raised from the side of my eye. I closed my eyes. But the blow never came.

A grunt of pure wrath came instead. I opened my eyes, finding the man holding her hand in the air. The brown object just inches from his chest.

It was a stake, some broken part of my mind recalled.

"I thought I taught you better than that." The man growled.

"You did." The woman replied. She reached over to another desk, grabbing a glass before she smashed it straight into the man's face.

The man screamed, gripping his face in pain as he knelt forward.

The woman wasted no time. She ran to the blonde figure, untying the ropes that bound her to the chair. The blonde woman stood, rushing to me as she pulled at my restraints. She yanked something out of my hands, resulting in a wave of pain that made me want to scream. Yet I held back.

"I can't." I said, my voice unfamiliar in all ways. I couldn't stand. I couldn't run. I couldn't do anything.

The blonde's breathing was frantic as she took my arms, putting them over her shoulder before we became a blur of wind. We wound through the halls, a meer gush of air as we did. We came to a stop abruptly.

The woman took my arm, very carefully unraveling me from her. I leaned against a cold piece of metal, using all my strength to keep myself from crumpling to the ground.

"Stay here, okay." she whispered, "I'll be back in a minute."

I couldn't bring myself to nod.

There was another gush of wind, and suddenly I was all alone. I couldn't do anything but keep myself standing as I tried and tried to get my vision to clear. I felt as my strength began to diminish once more.

So slowly, I felt as my legs began to shake under me, holding up my weight. I let out a soft cry as I used up every last drop of my strength.

And then my strength ran out.

I waited for the impact to hit as my body crashed onto the floor. But it never came.

Hands caught me, pulling me into their chest. I didn't resist. I didn't have the strength to resist.

A burst of panic hit me as I realized it might be the man who had tried to have me killed. I let out a cry, trying to force myself away from the figure for just a moment. A hand pushed my hair back, whispering softly into my ear, "Shh, it's ok. It's ok. It's me."

Klaus.

A name. Finally, a name in this unfocused world of muddled thoughts.

"It's ok, you're safe." he whispered again. Once more, I leaned into him, unable to move anymore. "What has he done to you?" he spoke, a hidden anger in his voice that I hadn't heard before.

There was a ripping sound, and I opened my eyes just slightly to see Klaus holding out his wrist to me. "Drink, my love." he urged.

I looked at his wrist and then at him. Even in this state, I knew what this was.

But I did it anyway.

I sunk my teeth into his wrist, liquid immediately filling my mouth. The sweet and sickening taste of blood invaded my senses. My everything. God, I was hungry. Hungrier than I ever had been before.

I gripped his wrist with a force that would have made a human bruise. I felt as life slowly came back to me. My mind was still out of sorts, messed up in every direction. But slowly, my vision cleared. I stood on my own. I gathered myself ever so slightly.

It was harder than I'd like to admit forcing myself to pull away from the Hybrid.

I looked at him, wiping the blood from my lips as I gazed around slightly. Alaric would come after me.

Klaus drew my eyes back to him, placing a hand on my shoulder. "We'll save Elena. You go straight to my home. You stay inside, do you understand?"

I didn't say anything. Something about this entire situation was off.

"Do you understand me?" He questioned. His tone more urgent than it was just seconds ago.

I nodded slowly. "Thank you." Was all I said before I sped away.

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

A/N: slay ig