26// Diwali Celebration

Our house has been decorated with numerous things such as flowers, lights and many other things for Diwali which is today

Our house has been decorated with numerous things such as flowers, lights and many other things for Diwali which is today. Yes, finally all the preparations are done and now I am waiting for my clients to reach here so that they can enjoy the festival with us. Usually, Mom is the only one who looks after all the things but this year she has Ishita with her to help.

Speaking of Ishita, she has been extremely busy with everything that I don't think she has eaten anything. So, here I am searching for her so that I can at least convince her to drink a glass of juice.

"Who are you looking for?" Soniya asks who is here to celebrate the festival too as well as Aarav.

"Ishita but don't know where she is." I reply with a sigh.

"Come with me." Soniya says while walking towards the front door. I follow her and find myself outside the house. Soniya leaves from there saying that she is going to get ready.

Suddenly, I notice my beautiful wife who is making Rangoli. She is so beautiful that I want to keep looking at her. But then I remember about the juice so I hurry towards her and kneel beside her.

"Ishita, here drink this." I let out holding the glass in front of her.

"Not now, Rudra. I am busy." She replies stubbornly.

"I don't want to hear anything. First drink this and then you can continue to work." I order and then hold the glass near her lips which is now jutted out in a pout. But I am not going to fall for her innocent look so I glare at her.

"Fine." Shs grumbles but starts to drink the juice while I hold the glass.

When she finishes the whole drink that's when I let her resume the work. I look at the Rangoli and have to say that she has done a great job. Because the Rangoli is looking very pretty.

"By the way, when are you going to get ready?" I ask putting a stray hair behind her ear which was falling over her eyes.

"The Rangoli will be done in ten minutes and then I will get ready." She replies still concentrating on her work making me shake my head.

"Okay, you finish your work till then I get ready because our guests will be here in a few hours." I tell her and kiss the side of her head making her smile.

I leave from there and go upstairs to get ready. Candy is sleeping in the middle of the bed and we are intending to keep her here because this room is soundproof so won't be hearing the loud sound of cracker bursting. Although we don't burst much but we can't say the same about our neighbors.

Ishita has selected a Sherwani for me which is in black with small gold details around the borders. However, I don't know what she is going to wear. Without wasting time I quickly get ready before Dad can start yelling at me for being late.

Gautam and Roshni bhabhi are also here to celebrate Diwali with us. Actually, Gautam was about to come to Mumbai a long time ago because of some cases, but then he could not come as he needed to solve another important case in Delhi. Ishita is so happy to have her brother and sister-in-law here that she has taken one week break from her office so that she can spend time with them. But, she still works from home as Soniya has stopped going to the company due to the complications in her pregnancy.