4// Unexpected

No one can say what will happen the next moment of their life

No one can say what will happen the next moment of their life. Because nothing is in our hands. I have always thought that I can guarantee about what can happen in the next moment in my life but I have proved wrong many times by some people who used to be very close to my heart.

People think that I am cruel but they never tried to see the hardships I have to go through to be the man I have become today. I haven't gotten anything handed down in gold or silver platter. Everything I have gotten today is because of my own capability. So I don't know why people try to mess with my company which is basically a child to me.

Aarav has called earlier to inform me about the person who is selling information about my company. I wanted to go to Mumbai immediately and beat the shit out of him. But then I remembered that I have to go with Mom and Dad to meet some unimportant people.

"Are you ready or not Rudra?" Dad asks before coming inside the room. I look at him with irritation but he only glares in return. I huff before standing out of the bed to go near him.

"I am ready already but I don't want to go Dad." I tell him.

"Look son, your mother is not your enemy. She is correct in her way because we can not deny the fact that you are already 30 and in a few months you will turn 31. I and your mother just want you to get married before that." He explains in a gentle tone.

"First Lakshya and now also you think that I should get married. If I am not wrong, you both were equally irritated by Mom on the topic of my marriage then how come you both are suddenly taking her side?" I ask him.

"Because this relation is completely different from the others your Mom has talked about. I have seen the girl's photo for once and after seeing that face I can not let her be anyone's daughter-in-law instead of mine. Lakshya feels the same." That means they both have seen the girl's photo and didn't even show me.

"How can you both betray me like that? I thought that you guys are on my side." I look at him with annoyance.

"Neither I nor Lakshya has betrayed you Rudra. It's just that we want you to be happy. You are always busy with your business and company. Hell, I don't even remember when was the last time you have talked to us freely. I know after what happened you have lost your faith in relationships but try to understand your mother's perspective too. She is not your enemy son. She only wants to see you happy and lively the way you were used to be." I feel guilty about the way I have been behaving with my family especially Mom. Dad is correct, I have been so blinded by my past experience that I am not ready to move on from it.

"I am sorry Dad. It just that I am not ready for any relation or commitment. But if my marriage can bring happiness in our family then I will try to cooperate with you guys." I tell him with a tight-lipped smile in which he pets my back.