9// Feeling Emotional

Maa has left me alone in Rudra's room and told me that no one will disturb me so that I can rest well

Maa has left me alone in Rudra's room and told me that no one will disturb me so that I can rest well. However, the more I am trying to sleep, the more I want to cry thinking about my family. The look on Papa's face is still visible in my mind, neither of us wanted to leave each other but I can't live there after being married.

Suddenly, there is a knock on the door making me look at the clock to see that it is already midnight. Still, I go to open the door and to my surprise Soniya is standing there while holding a tray. I welcome her inside the room before shutting the door. She puts the tray on the nightstand before handing me a glass of chocolate milk while she takes the cup of coffee. I look at her with surprise because only my family and Kuhu knows about my love for chocolate milk.

"I have gotten to know a lot of things about you from your bhabhi. So don't be surprised and come sit beside me." Soniya says with a gentle smile. I sit beside her and take a sip from the glass.

"I can understand how you are feeling Ishita as I was in your place too. As a girl we are destined to leave our family to start a new phase of life. But when the new family starts to treat you like the most valuable thing, your every insecurity flies away in a second. Believe me Ishita, you are very blessed to have this family because they are going to cherish you very much." Soniya comments while looking at me with a gentle smile.

"You know, I have never thought that I could be comfortable around other person than my family and my best friend. But something about you all is calm enough to make me feel better knowing that I don't have to hide from you all." I let out making her beam at me.

"That's great to know because I love to make new friends but as a publisher, I don't get much time to spend with other persons. That's why I don't have many friends but now we can become friends although you are more like a little sister to me." She replies with a heartwarming smile. After that, we both chat for one hour before we both decide to sleep because tomorrow we need to wake up soon. I get surprised when she informs me that she is going to sleep with me tonight because she doesn't like the idea of me sleeping alone in a new atmosphere. I just pray to God that I don't get any nightmare tonight and thankfully I sleep peacefully the whole night.

•••••••••••

The next day

Soniya and some cousins of Rudra are getting me ready for the Mooh dikhai rasam which is a very important ritual where the bride will cover her face with a dupatta (veil) and the other elder people of the family will lift the dupatta to see the bride's face before giving her gifts and blessings.

Just like Maa said yesterday, she has really chosen a beautiful pink floor-length Anarkali salwar suit for me alone with matching jewelry. Soniya has already put makeup on me and now she is braiding my hair in a messy french braid. She has asked me not to look in the mirror because she wants to surprise me with my first post-wedding look. After she is done putting some artificial flowers in the braid she tells me to look at the mirror.