29// Gaining Sense

The sound of beeping noises are the first thing I hear when my sense come back

The sound of beeping noises are the first thing I hear when my sense come back. But still, I am not able to open my eyes properly and try to move around yet feel like someone is holding my hand. The feel of the warmth that is emitting from the other person holding my hand is enough for me to understand who the person can be.

Slowly but surely I open my eyes and look at the right side to see that it's indeed Rudra who is sleeping while holding my hand in his. I want to smile but I clearly remember what happened to me. So, I try to retreat my hand away from me. However, that action wakes him up and makes him look at me in shock as if he can't believe whatever he is seeing is real or fake.

"Ishita..." That's all he says before tears make their way out of his eyes making my heart clench for him.

I have never seen him cry but now I wish I should have never seen it in my life. Because tears doesn't suit him at all. His teary eyes are telling me how much pain he is feeling inside him that a strong person like him is not able to control them from falling.

"Don't cry." I let out with a hoarse voice.

"How can I not cry? Do you even know how scared I got seeing you in such condition? You were bleeding so badly that for a minute I felt like someone had snatched my will to live from me." He says angrily but anyone can see that the anger is not directed to me.

"Can I have some water?" I ask making his eyes widen.

"I am so sorry. I literally forgot to ask if you want some water." By saying this, he gets up from the chair he is sitting in and bring a glass of water for me along with a straw. I drink a good amount of water and instantly feel relaxed.

"Let me call the doctor." He says but I hold his hand.

"Don't." I say making him look at me with confusion.

"I want to stay with you for some time." I let out in hope he will understand what I am trying to say.

He puts the glass on the table beside the hospital bed before sitting down on the chair. He takes my hand in his and kisses the back of it making me close my eyes for a second.

"You are very angry with me, right?" I ask after some time.

"No, I am angry with me." He replies.

"Why?" I ask because I don't know the reason behind his response.

"Because I didn't know that because of me you would try to kill yourself." He replies looking at me with self-loathing in his eyes.

"You haven't done anything wrong, Rudra. I was the one who jumped from the terrace to save myself from the monster who didn't think twice before trying to.." I can't even pronounce the word before breaking down in tears. I have a feeling by now that he has already learned about Kunal and what he did all those years ago. But I am too scared to directly talk about that matter.