Chapter 7: 2am Wal-Mart run!

**BARRY'S POV**

We were chatting with Abrielle over Facebook chat after dinner. All four of us were having our own conversations with her but we were talking to each other about those conversations. She seemed to be holding back for some reason. Zach was still feeling like there was an underlying issue going on with her but we had no information on what that might be. We had decided to make a Wal-Mart later that night. It was mostly for her though.  

Brent and I had fallen asleep and were awoken by Zach as we pulled into a Wal-Mart parking lot. As usual, at that time of night, it was a virtual ghost town. Eric and I were tasked with waking our students. When we boarded their bus, I found the one named Shawn playing xBox. Eric went to wake up Abrielle and Shawn. A few minutes later she and Eric returned to the front. She hadn’t even changed for bed, like Brent and I had, which made me curious. ”She was awake still working on school stuff” Eric whispered to me before walking off the bus.  

She followed him with a smaller messenger bag leaving me with the two boys. Michael wasn’t interested in going into the store with us so I left the bus as well. I watched, as I walked up to the rest of my band mates and our lone female student, how Eric couldn’t keep his eyes off Abrielle. It was more than just feeling over-protective. He was looking at her a bit lustfully. My eyes swept over her small frame and I’ll admit to understanding why he was attracted to her.   

When Shawn joined us, we walked into the Wal-Mart together. Most people paired off and shared a cart. No surprise Eric paired himself off with Abrielle! Brent found himself with Shawn leaving just Zach and myself. Not that I minded being paired off with the smaller man. We went to get our shampoo and stuff first since we were at that end of the store. Surprise, surprise that’s where Eric and Abrielle were at. I swear if I didn’t know any better, he was staring at her ass as she reached up to get a bottle of her preferred shampoo!   

Zach didn’t noticed it since he was grabbing his own shampoo. I watched as dropped a bottle of Caress Tempting Whispers into the cart. She waited for Eric as he grabbed his own shampoo and body wash. Zach and I headed in one direction while the other two headed in a different direction.   

“Hey, do you think she’s ok?” Zach suddenly asked  

“What do you mean?” I inquired  

“Well…. Her behavior. She seems….” He sighed, “…I can’t explain it. Like she’s holding back or something.” 

 “Yeah. There’s something definitely going on with her. But she seems a bit closed off or untrusting. Hopefully she’ll warm up to us quickly.” I replied 

 The truth was, I felt what he couldn’t articulate too. I’m pretty sure Brent and Eric did as well. There was something else bothering Zach. 

 “What else is on your mind?” I asked the smaller man  

“I can’t help but keep going back to that survival bracelet. It’s obviously very personal to her, ya know. Some of those colors she’s representing really concern me.” He confessed  

“I know, Zach. I feel the same way. We just have to show her that we’re here for her and that she can come to us with anything.” I quietly replied as we approached Brent and Shawn  

The pair were laughing pretty hard at something. We wandered around Wal-Mart for about an hour leisurely doing our shopping. Once we were all done, we checked out and made our way back to the busses. Abrielle had two bags which looked to be full and was carrying a set of black and pink Damascus bedding. Zach was talking to Shawn and Abrielle so I set my bags down by the bus door before walking over to chat too. 

“Get as much sleep as you can.” Zach said as I approached  

“Thanks! I guess I’ve just been too excited to sleep!” Shawn replied with a laugh  

Eric came to a stop next to us. Abrielle yawned sleepily making us all chuckle softly. 

 “Go put your new bedding on. Sleeping on something you like, as weird as it sounds, will actually help you sleep.” I stated  

“It’s a comfort thing that sort of tricks your mind.” Eric added in  

“Thanks.” She shyly replied 

Zach pulled her into a hug which, from the expression on her face, took her off guard. Shawn walked off to talk to Brent and Jake while we were bidding her a good night. Once Zach let her go, I pulled her into a tight hug. She very tentatively hugged me back. As soon as I’d let her go, Eric had her. He pulled her into a tight hug and leaned down. I think he was getting a whiff of her hair if the angle was right. Did the bassist have a thing for her?!  

“Get your bedding put on and lay down. Even if you don’t go to sleep right away, put a movie on. That almost always helps me.” Eric told her  

“Guys! We gotta hit the road!” Jake yelled over to us  

“Good night!” I said with a smile   

“Night, Abrielle.” Eric stated  

“Good night guys. Thanks.” She quickly replied before picking up her bags  

**ABRIELLE’S POV** 

Zach hugging me was weird. Barry hugging me was a bit odd. Eric hugging me. Well, that felt different. Quite a bit different. I…. I liked it. I liked the feeling of being so close to him. I liked the feeling of his arms around me. I liked his scent. Once we parted, I took all my new stuff onto the bus. It was going to take me a little bit to get my bedding changed. I put everything in my locker before starting on the changing of the bedding. Once that was done, I changed into my pajamas and then crawled into my bunk.   

 I didn’t bother with putting in a movie because after I changed the bedding, the excitement from the day started wearing off. I laid there quietly before sleep finally over-took me. Super loud death metal woke me up from sleep. I groaned and tried to go back to sleep but they just turned the music up. Rolling my eyes, I slid out of bed so I could use the bathroom. Both boys were up and playing video games. They didn’t really care that I was still sleeping or that it was only a little after 8am. 

 Once I’d finished with my business, I opened my locker to find an outfit for the day. The busses slowed down as I was putting my shoes on. I slid my survival bracelet over my right wrist before walking up front. We’d stopped at a Denny’s for breakfast. Our bus driver opened the door for us so I took the opportunity to de-board. Michael shoved me so I feel face-first onto the hard pavement. They were laughing as they walked off.  

Just like on campus. I stood up and dusted myself off. There was no way I was going to walking into the restaurant looking like I couldn’t walk on my own! Once I was satisfied that I looked presentable, I slowly walked into the building. Standing around waiting to be seated was three out of four band members. Zach was nowhere to be found which I found odd. Jake was standing there with them too and “jumped” slightly in shock when he noticed me just standing there.  

“Where the hell did you come from? I never heard you walk up!” Jake exclaimed making the other three turn and see who he was talking too  

“Good morning, Abrielle!” Brent stated 

All I could do was make a grumbling noise. Apparently it was cute because the four guys laughed slightly. 

“Not a morning person either? Neither is Zach.” Barry stated, “As a matter of fact, he’s still in bed sleeping!” 

 “I would be too if I wasn’t woken up by super loud death metal blaring.” I mumbled 

 “Oh that’s not cool.” Eric said as a waitress came up to usher us to a table 

 Jake told her there were five of us.   

***************************************************************

A/N: This is the link to her bedding: http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/littletexasangel/Miscellaneous/Home%20Decor/Black%20and%20Pink%20Damascus%20gothic%20bedding_zpszgpl8r5v.jpg