Chapter 28: Useless

**ABRIELLE'S POV**

The cab came to a stop right outside the busses. Jake exited the bus to see what he could do to help. Bill had a small bag of clothes with him but that was it. Jake gave me a warm smile before pulling me out of the cab. As soon as I was in a standing position, he gently pulled me to him for a soft hug. That was saying something since he was a freakin' giant! He helped me onto the bus. To say that was a feat was an understatement! I still wasn't used to walking with crutches or with this restrictive brace on my knee. I nearly fell at least once but was very thankful that Jake was literally right behind me to catch me before I fell.

I'm sure I looked tired and miserable. Jake helped me to couch on the right side of the bus. Directly across from Eric. I couldn't even look him in the eye. I was so ashamed of what had happened. Ashamed that these guys were going to pretty much have to take care of me for who-knows-how-long.

"Welcome home, sweetie! How are you feeling?" Barry immediately asked as he left the kitchen area

"Tired." I said, giving a sad smile

"All that traveling probably tired you out too." Zach stated, "Dinner should be done pretty soon, though. And we all have something for you."

I was genuinely surprised! They have something for me? What on Earth could that be?

"We wanted to welcome you back and thought you might like some sweets." Brent said as he handed me a box of chocolates, "This is from me."

Various flavors of Hershey's kisses! Mmmm, I love chocolate. I hardly ever got chocolate or candy or anything sweet. Mom always said I was fat and didn't deserve anything sweet.

"This is from me." Zach stated as he moved to sit next to me

He handed me a tin box. Upon opening it up, I found it full of pecan clusters. I could feel myself starting to shake. Barry flashed me that big, beautiful grin as he handed me a big tin container.

"I hope you enjoy these." Barry stated softly

I opened the container and discovered that it had milk chocolate covered peanuts, white chocolate covered peanuts, dark chocolate covered pecans, pretzels covered in white & milk chocolate (not on the same pretzel), candied praline pecans, and milk chocolate covered almonds. It was a pretty neat looking tin, too. I was definitely going to keep it!

"Sweetie, this one is from me." Eric softly stated, giving me that heart-warming grin

I dug through this huge Gift Tin that had Dark Chocolate Orange, Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter, and White Chocolate Coconut truffles inside. Lindor Truffles! I had more chocolate and sweets here in my hands than I've had my entire life!!

"I.... these are....." I choked up, fighting back tears

"It's ok, honey. No words are needed. We just wanted to give you a 'welcome home' gift. I wouldn't suggest eating it all at once though!" Brent chuckled

I swallowed before nodding my head. Zach asked if I wanted him to set all my chocolates on my bunk. Again, I just nodded. Bill and Jake had exited the bus so it just left me with the band. Eric was just staring at me and it was making me a bit uncomfortable. Brent asked me if I wanted anything to drink. Bill and Jake boarded the bus again about that time. The elder man suggested juice. Barry smiled and said they had orange juice, apple juice, and orange-banana-pineapple juice. I opted for the last option. A few minutes later, Brent handed me a tall glass brimming with the juice.

"Dinner is officially done. Don't worry, Abrielle, I'll bring your plate to you." Barry exclaimed

"You guys have about an hour & a half before you need to get back to the venue." Jake informed the group as Barry passed out plates