Chapter 27: Homecoming

**ABRIELLE'S POV**

The next day when I awoke, I discovered Bill was still here in my room. I hadn't seen any of the band and I was starting to worry they were going to be sending me back home. That would surely be the death of me if they did! Bill smiled warmly at me as I really started waking up. The nurse who had been checking my vitals called for the doctor to come in and check on me. He came in sometime later to recheck my vitals and go over all note. He explained that he would have to talk to my other doctors to see when I could be released into Bill's care.

Not that any of it mattered. As soon as this little project was over, I'd be going back to campus and back to reality. Nothing would ever change. The nurse told Bill that my psychiatrist would most likely put me on some anti-depressants for a short while as I went through rehabilitation. Like that would actually do me any good! Throughout the day, nurses and doctors came in and out to check on me, run tests, and take blood & urine samples. Was I a damned science experiment to these people?

Finally the doctor came back in with the nurse who just smiled at me.

"Ok young lady. You have a fractured rib which punctured your right lung as well as lots of internal bleeding which we found and fixed. We were able to repair the damage to your lung although you may have some difficulties breathing for a bit as your body heals.

The worst of your injuries is a badly torn ACL. You have some facial bruising, some cuts and lacerations to your face, arms, legs, and chest which I'm sure you've seen already, and your left leg is broken in three separate places. We've done all the testing we could to make sure there are no other broken bones, you don't have a concussion, or any spinal or head trauma or any other internal bleeding.

We're sending you home with a DonJoy Legend knee brace that you are to wear all the time. It will help keep your knee stabilized and help keep from further injuring the knee and ligaments. You're young so I want to hold of on talking of surgery. One of your companions said he can help you with rehabilitation at home so I'm sending you home with exercises and instructions for rehabilitation there. I'm also giving you come crutches to use for a few weeks until you're better able to walk on your own with the knee and broken ribs.

I am sending you home with a month's supply of anti-biotics, muscle relaxers, anti-inflammatory and two separate pain killers. Rehab with your knee is going to cause you pain so be prepared. The nurse will give you everything you'll need including more information on the ACL tear. The psychiatrist is also sending you home with some anti-depressants for a short while. You're being released into Mr. McGathy's care here. Do you understand what I've told you?" The doctor explained

"Yes." I simply stated

Man I was more fucked up than I really thought!

"Ok, Mr. McGathy, we are going to set you up with the physical therapy department so they can go over everything with you. It's really up to them on whether or not she needs to be seen by an actual physical therapist or if your boys can help her with that." The doctor told Bill

"That's fine. If she needs to be seen by an actual therapist, that's no problem. We're on tour so it will be a different person each time. I think that's why Barry was asking if they could help her with it." Bill replied

"I'll let the physical therapy department know that. Nurse Betty will get you prepare to leave. Get some rest, young lady. You've been through quite a lot." The doctor said, giving me a warm smile, "Mr. McGathy, if you'll come with me we can head on up to the PT department."

Everyone left leaving me alone with me alone with my thought. Man I was so fucked up. If I were on campus there's no way I could handle this. The other students would either cause me more injuries or prolong my recovery. How were the band going to react to this? I mean me having to be on crutches and not able to walk very well even with a brace? Broken ribs? Fucked up leg? I sighed heavily as I turned and stared out the window.