Chapter 12: Trip to the ER

**ERIC’S POV** 

Lori had given us some solid advice. I still just wanted to pull her into my arms and protect her from any and all harm. We needed to sit down with her and find out absolutely everything. It sounded easier than we all knew it was going to be. Everyone were lost in their thoughts and I couldn’t take it anymore. I had to go check on her. She was asleep but it appeared she’d cried herself to sleep. She was still sniffling too, which just broke my heart. Kneeling next to her head, I moved some hair out of her face.  

I sat down across from her and just watched her sleep. Brent came in and sat next to me. For a long while we just sat there in silence watching her sleep. He finally said that we should probably check on her arm. I got up and kneeled down beside her. Gently taking her arm in my hands, I looked her bandages over. They were all soaked with blood. Telling Brent this, he got the med kit and called Jake. The much taller blond arrived within minutes. It concerned me when he checked her pulse.   

“Her pulse rate is a bit slow. She’s still bleeding, guys.” He stated, “Get her to the ER.”  

“I’ll take her.” I stated  

Brent wrapped her arm in a towel so I started to gently shake her shoulder to wake her up. Her sleepy face was really cute! For a few moments she didn’t seem to remember earlier events and looked quite confused as to why she was sleeping on our bus. When she did remember, however, she looked away from me and Brent. 

 “Sweetheart, I gotta take you to the ER. Your arm is still bleeding and we can’t seem to get it to stop. Is that ok?” I softly and cautiously asked her 

 She just nodded her head yes. She was clearly not ready to talk to us. Or she was feeling ashamed, alone, and worried about what we were going to think about her. Seeing her having difficulties walking, I slipped my arm around her waist to help steady her. Jake left to pull around a rental car while we were getting her up and ready. The car came to a stop so I helped her into the passenger’s seat. Making sure she was buckled in and not going to bolt, I quickly made my way into the driver’s seat.  

**ABRIELLE’S POV** 

 Brent was wrapping my arm in a towel and I sort of felt someone gently shaking my shoulder to wake me up. I looked over to see Eric kneeling besides me. For a brief few moments I didn’t remember earlier events and was quite confused as to why I was on their bus. When I did remember, however, I quickly looked away from Eric and Brent.  

“Sweetheart, I gotta take you to the ER. Your arm is still bleeding and we can’t seem to get it to stop. Is that ok?” Eric softly and cautiously asked me  

If I was still bleeding then I did need to be seen by medical professionals. I just nodded my head yes. I wasn’t ready to talk to them about what happened. On top of still feeling ashamed, alone, and worried about what they thought about me because of it. Seeing me having difficulties walking, as I was still light-headed and now feeling kind of weak, Eric slipped his arm around my waist to help steady me.  A car came to a stop by us so he helped me into the passenger’s seat. Making sure I was buckled in and not going to bolt, he quickly made his way into the driver’s seat. 

 Thankfully he didn’t bring any of it up and just remained silent the whole ride to the local hospital. He helped me walk in and kept a good hold on me. His niceness just made me feel even worse, even if the gesture was appreciated, which fueled the depression and anxiety. He explained to the nurse that I’d had an accident, what they had done to help me, and that my arm was still bleeding. She asked me if I was feeling nauseas and light-headed which I told her yes quietly. I was immediately taken into a triage room where she could take all my vitals and see the wound itself.