Chapter 23 Nico's POV The Discovery

Chapter 23

I appeared in the throne room of my father Hades.

Hades was sitting in his throne looking bored

"Dad!" I called.

"Nico, you've come to see me, how....nice...of you."

Hades said that, in the tone of someone who isn't happy ever....

"Dad, I need you to call in a favor with Thanatos."

Raising his eyebrows he said. "And What is it you want?"

"I need you to ask Thanatos to open the Doors of death."

"Nico you know, I can't do that, if I did that, I'd be breaking the ancient laws." He said rising to his feet and crossing the room to stand beside me.

I dont F****** care about the laws, I just want to help Percy get out of Tartarus, and you know he's the only chance we have. If we're going to win against Gaia.

Putting his hand on my shoulder he said. "You're loyalty to the Jackson boy is admirable Nico, but as it happens.....Thanatos isn't at the Doors at the moment."

I waited for Hades to leap up from his throne and yell. "It was all a joke!" but thats not what happened.

"At the moment, his only daughter Zahara is guarding the doors."

"But Dad where is Thanatos?"

"Working overtime."

When I still looked confused Hades said. "Didn't Dionysus tell you kids anything? The Monsters have turned against the Mortals, at the order of Gaia I assume."

"What?" I yelled.

Then I shadow traveled back to camp, to tell the others of the Monsters attacking Mortals, and to throw a message into the camp fire explaining what's been going on, and pray to Hermes, that it arrives in Tartarus and that Percy and Clary find it.