Chapter 3 Percy POV The Most Unlikely Friend

• Dedicated to Jessica Mervyn

Chapter 3 Percy POV

Keeping the attention of a Hydra isn't hard just yell at it and don't stand still. all though its hard when your bestfriend is climbing up it's back.I was yelling at the Hydra when the blond haired boy came over to me put his arm in front of me and said. "Kid battling monsters is not a good job for a Mundane. Wait. Mundane!" then he looked at me like I couldn't exist. "How? Who? What?" this guy has a lot on his mind. Mundane?  I thought. Whats a Mundane????

"Can we -" I sidestepped as the Hydra tried to step on me.

"What?" the boy yelled, probably because the Hydra was so loud in it's screeching was probably  shaking Hades place in the underworld.

"Can we do introductions after the Hydras dead?"  I yelled back

Suddenly a sword landed at our feet Annabeth followed it jumping off the Hydra and landing beside us. "So, what'd I miss she asked?" Turning to face the monster with a dagger in one  hand, and a Yankees baseball cap in the other her backpack still slung over her shoulders.

Then the boy grabbed his sword ran in and stabbed the Hydra in the center of its chest,the Hydra fell to the ground and disappeared.

After the adrenalin from the fight wore off I discovered I was bleeding from my side, the cut wasn't to deep but better to be safe then sorry, I walked over to the water bent down and scooped some on to my side, my cut closed, and the blood disappeared just like always.

"How did you do that?" Asked the boy who had pulled his friend out of the trees and was sitting with her on the grass beside us and staring at me in shock.

"It's complicated.... And we're not supposed to talk to normal people about who we are, there's rules about these things."

"Okay weird, but just tell me this what are your names? the boy asked.

"I'm Percy Jackson and this is Annabeth Chase. Who are you?"  I asked.

"I'm Jace, I'm going to leave now my friend needs care." With that Jace pulled out a silvery stone and drew a symbol on the arm of his friend. Now that I had time to look at them they both had strange black symbols all over there skin.

"We'll come with you!"  Annabeth said quickly "I still want to know who you are, why your sword was glowing, and what those symbols mean."

"Oh okay...." He said. "Follow me." Jace picked up his friend slung her over his shoulder, and bounded into the trees, followed closely by Annabeth and I.