Chapter 1 Clary POV An Unusual Encounter

Chapter 1    Clary  POV

I was walking to central park to meet up with my boyfriend Jace and from we were going to meet up with our other friends at Magnus’s house, for lunch, I thought the day was going to be great, unfortunately when you a shadow hunter days are almost never like that……..

“Hey Jace!”  I said walking up to the bench he was sitting on.

“Hi, can we go around the duck pond?”

“Instead of walking along beside it you mean? If we did that we’d be late.” I replied.

Sighing Jace got up, put his hands in his pockets, and said.  “Lets get this over with I don't want to be around those evil creatures any longer then I have to.”

Grabbing my boyfriend's arm we headed off, little did I know we’d have more then being late to worry about. As we walk-okay hurried past the duck pond I smelled something odd, it was almost like…..the smell of a demon……..Jace pushed me toward the ground and ducked with me as a lumbering Hydra with four heads the size of a monster truck came for us, pulling out a  glowing seraph blade Jace yelled  “Sanvi!” and lunged at the Demon. One of the Hydras heads headbuted jace and sent him rolling in to the pond, one of the other heads lunged at me and I rolled sideways silently thanking Isabelle for the extra training she had me help her with, pulling out my own seraph blade I yelled “Amriel!” before jumping in to the battle as well. I had fought a Hydra before but this one was smarter, faster, and and stronger. Dodging the Hydra heads Jace managed to get on to its back raising his sword to stab it. Unfortunately at that moment I tripped over a rock and went tumbling to the ground, the Hydra’s heads chose that moment as the time to attack, jace plunged his sword down at the same time something hit me and the world faded to black.