Chapter 27 Percy's POV The Last Battle (Hopefully)

It was Chaos on the battlefield as I ran around slaying, monsters, and sliping on the blood of Demigods and the dust of Monsters.

The giants were destroying anything they could get there hands on, And Echidna and Kampe where killing anyone who got in there way

To add to the already difficult battle, Sebastian brought a group of evil Shadowhunters called The Endarkened to join the fight as well..... After stabbing a Hellhound through the chest, I looked around to see if the others needed any help.

I couldn't smell anything over the overpowering stench of blood and the reek of the Monsters and they poured over Half Blood Hill.

The Apollo cabin was at the edge of the battlefield healing our comrades and shooting Arrows into the fray accompanied by The Hunters of Artemis who arrived shortly after the battle started.

The earth shook as the Gods flashed in all at once, and the Intelligent Monsters made sure they were far away when the gods appeared, the sky turned gray and the Gods went to help their chosen children defeat their Banes.

"Percy!" Jason yelled. "Watch out, behind you!"

I whirled around and felt the air as the claws of a Hellhound missed me by inches. The hellhound pounced again, and I ducked and rolled as it jumped right over me.

Rising I found myself surrounded, by yet more Hellhounds, with no chance of getting out anytime soon.

I saw another Monster as it ran past the group of hellhounds surrounding me, and charged at Hazel who was standing back to back with Nico, and using her Gladius to kill any Monster that came too close.

"Hazel! Move!" I yelled but the chaos on the battlefield was loud enough that she couldn't hear me.

The Hellhounds pressed closer to me and I continued to hold them off with Riptide.

The Monster was coming at her from the side and I knew she wouldn't see it in time. The rest of the seven, plus Nico, were helping their Olympian parents and so I knew there'd be no help there.

"Hazel!" I yelled again.She couldn't hear me and didn't know what dangers were approaching her.

So I ran through the Hellhounds pushing at them and slashing at them, to try to get to Hazel in time.

She started to turn just as the hellhound reached her, and stabbed its claws into her side....

I managed to get free of the hellhounds and run toward Hazel.

I'm not doing this again "I'm not losing my friends again!" I yelled while running towards Hazel.

Suddenly everyone on the battlefield was blasted back, I hit something and heard the sound of my shoulder crunching as I hit a tree. I looked up to see Gaia and Nyx's swords clashing as they fought the green and black auras grew until I could barely see them.

"Sister stop your madness! I know you don't want to end the world!" Yelled Nyx. Blocking with her sword and then leaping back

"I'm done being your younger sister you have everything! And I have nothing." Gaia shouted.

"Gaia please switch aspects! I don't want to fight you anymore."

"Nyx, you know if I do that, you'll go evil. It's part of the ancient laws of equivalent exchange."

"Is a sacrifice worth making. Once you switch aspects trap me in the void, it's the only way."

"Fine. If that's what you want." Gaia said regretfully.

In a brilliant flash of light Nyx was was gone, and Gaia was collapsed on her knees, with her head in her hands.